Hellish Hen Do Ideas

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by SeptemberBride, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Am I the only one??

I dont have a maid of honour as such and my best friend who is giving me away has 3 kids so wont have time to arrange my hen do so my sister in law 2b has taken it upon herself to do the arranging.!!!

It scares the hell out of me, I hate being the centre of attention and the thought of having to wear L plates and doing games like you see at other hen dos where you have to get underwear from men etc makes me feel sick. All i want is a meal out with my girls and to go to a bar after where there is music so I can have a dance.....that will make me happy. I dont mind wearing a sash if they want something but I dont want to be made to wear somethign silly!! (God I sound such a bore lol)

I just dont want to hurt her feelings as I dont know what she already has planned!!!

Is anyone else as boring as I am lol xx

SeptemberBride, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. SeptemberBride

MrsC2Be

No! If that's what you want, go for it! I'm off to the Edinburgh Fringe for mine (apparently). Both mums are coming so it won't be too horrendous ;)

We're having a combined birthday weekend for one friend and a hen weekend for a friend of a friend (does that make sense?!) in a few weeks. We're going to CockRock and camping and bbqing :)

MrsC2Be, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. SeptemberBride

Anon_SA

You need www.vintagehenhouse.co.uk!!

Anon_SA, Jul 7, 2011
  4. SeptemberBride

poppleminster

If you're boring then I am REALLY boring! I just want a nice meal out with friends and then home to my man. I'm a right homebody, I love going out but hate the feeling of being drunk and just don't do nightclubs or rowdy bars. I did enough of them when I was younger!

poppleminster, Jul 7, 2011
  5. SeptemberBride

airy_fairy

It's my hen his weekend :) H2B's old school friend's mum (!) has a swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi/steam room that she's renting to us for a couple of hundred pounds for the afternoon, we will be having 'afternoon' tea there, the on saturady evening we are going to a meal at my fav. restaurant and then coming back to mine for good girly times ;) no L plates or strippers are invited :D

airy_fairy, Jul 7, 2011
  6. SeptemberBride

MrsBrown

Imade it very very clear.. no strippers!!!! I had a complete surprise, I was a bit shocked by the limo though!! The theme was time to sparkle.. that was all I knew! We all wore posh frocks and I had a sash and a pair of L plates but compared to some fairly tactful!

Its your hen night you can do what you want.. its not meant to embarrass you, its meant for you to enjoy so you do have a say. Why not talk to her about defo NOs! That way she can still plan but knows your limits!!

MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2011
  7. SeptemberBride

muckypaws

hey we had a joint one ............fancy dress but had a laugh ........... when all said and done its your hen do ................ give you sil some do and donts then at least she is aware of the boundries :)

muckypaws, Jul 9, 2011
  8. SeptemberBride

MrsBoucher2B2012

i just want a nice quiet day with the girls and maybe a few cocktails but that is it

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 10, 2011
  9. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

All the plans have now changed, my best friend who is giving me away has taking over plans with her mum and SIL which I am much much happier with, I have given her rules which I know she will stick with!! I am now one very happy B2B xx

SeptemberBride, Jul 11, 2011
    gildius likes this.
  10. SeptemberBride

poppleminster

Really glad you're happier with it Em. You'll have a fantastic time and we expect to hear all about it :) Not that we are nosey or anything... xxxx

poppleminster, Jul 11, 2011
  11. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Of course you will know all about it!!! Not long till it I am guessing as wedding is only 53 days away!! xx

SeptemberBride, Jul 11, 2011
  12. SeptemberBride

poppleminster

Your profile says your wedding isn't until 2014? Were you married before? Nice to see you posting on the forum. Why don't you pop to the introduction section and let us know your plans? All very exciting xxx

poppleminster, Jul 23, 2011
  13. SeptemberBride

MrsBoucher2B2012

Glad your feeling better about it all now

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 23, 2011
  14. SeptemberBride

MrsStobe813

Hmm...I hadn't given this kind of thing a thought, my brother (he's my chief bridesman, I'm dodging the norm and wouldn't have anyone else!) and oldet bridesmaid are organising my hen weekend with activitie and drinking times. My brother is seeing to some advernture-type activities and my bridesmaid is doing the rink stuff but I may have to lay down a few laws with her..I really don't want to be dressed in plastic p*nises on the tiles, thanks! Not my cuppa tea!

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 7, 2011
  15. SeptemberBride

Sarsaparilla

I have no desire for L plates, strippers and dressing up like a nob either, lol

Sarsaparilla, Mar 18, 2012
  16. SeptemberBride

MrsBoucher2B2012

I hate L plate and all the cheap tack. I am however dressing up as Jessica Rabbit, there is a disney and pixar theme to the night. I have found a long red dress to alter and have dyed my hair red. My hen do is on the 31st so i will try and get plenty of pics of all the costumes and do a report next month.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 23, 2012
  17. SeptemberBride

nahatalie

My bridesmaids are planning mine, one of them has some ideas already but I'm not allowed to know anything, which scares me as I'm a total control freak lol. I've told her no penises! (A friend of the same group at another hen do bought the hen willy deely boppers, I'd be horrified! lol. I'm no prude, but my low self esteem doesn't allow me to dress up like an idiot lol). I am bit strange in that I like timings to work to, and I like to know when / if meals are happening lol. She has assured me I will get an itinerary ha ha. I don't mind not knowing the activities, just want to know the layout of the day. Am I strange? :p

I am really appreciative of someone else organising it, it's exciting! And also, it takes away the guilt of having to ask people to donate an evening / weekend of their time and to part with money for the sake of me...

nahatalie, Aug 27, 2012
    MrsGroves2B likes this.
  18. SeptemberBride

Becky

I know exactly how you feel nahatalie!!

Becky, Aug 27, 2012
  19. SeptemberBride

MrsBrown

Me too.. I let my friend organise mine but under strict instructions of no tack and no dressing up! I knew nothing but the dress code was sparkly! She did sneak a bit of tack ( I.e a sash and a veil) but nothing too bad!

MrsBrown, Sep 2, 2012
  20. SeptemberBride

nikster1987

I'd rather just have a spa day, or have a meal with the most important than splash out on over the top things and tacky things. I don't like it too much anyway. Hopefully my sister (who is my maid of honour) won't go over the top or anything. Must keep reminding her.

nikster1987, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question