Having Trouble With A Venue-The Manchester Monastery-Has Anyone Had A Similar Experience?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by jammyb, Apr 22, 2012.

1. jammyb

jammyb

We've been searching the net for any reviews on The Manchester Monastery and cant find any at all which I find really strange. Been having loads of trouble with them and have recently spoken to another couple who are having problems too so wanted to find out if this is a regular occurrence. Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

jammyb, Apr 22, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. jammyb

Becky

First of all hello and welcome to BigDay :)

Really sorry to hear you have been having problems with Gorton Monastery - as I understand it, it's a fairly new wedding venue which might explain the lack of reviews. When is your wedding?

Becky, Apr 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. jammyb

Miss S

They are awful, I have had my wedding booked with them since 2009 and Im getting married this year. I had to deal with someone called Tom who has since been fired who got everything wrong, he would send me quotes with things wrong on them constantly, when I asked him to re- send them he would take months. I sent him an email last October and it took him until February this year to reply. They have now changed management and staff and they are just as bad at getting back to me, however when they needed money they responded to emails in seconds. They make out they are doing me a favour by sticking to the contract that I signed in 2009 and constantly remind me that they dont do things the that way anymore. Thats not my problem! The corckage is £14 for champagne and £9 for wine. The are not at all flexible and the staff are stuck up. If I could cancel my wedding at this venue I would!

Miss S, Jun 7, 2012
  4. jammyb

Becky

Welcome to the forums Miss S!

It's awful to hear that so many people have been having bad experiences with them :( How is the rest of your planning going?

Becky, Jun 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question