Happy December Everybody!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BunnyMonkey, Dec 1, 2010.

1. BunnyMonkey

BunnyMonkey

Hey girls,

I hope you're all ok and the snow isn't causing you too many problems. I'm currently on my second snow day from school, which is giving me a real excuse to get some wedding stuff done. The list of things to do isn't too long, but my motivation isn't particularly high!

I'm also wondering if I bother with Christmas decorations/tree this year. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Christmas. But with so much going on, do I really need the hassle? It also makes the little space we have much smaller and we're going to be storing all sorts of wedding stuff in the living room. The thought of not having a tree makes me sad though!

Gah, Don't know what to do!

BunnyMonkey, Dec 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. BunnyMonkey

MrsBrown

Happy december to you too!! Weather here is a bit rotten, just got home from work bit of a horrid drive home but glad to be safe. Supposed to be working from home but a bit distracted and worried about hubby! He will be coming in same direction, havent heard from him. He hada clinic all morning so hoping he is still busy in that, but would sooner he stay at the hospital (lots of beds there egh!!) than try to drive and weather is gettting worse!!

I am going to my friends wedding on sat, she is going to have some amazing photos but is worried about the weather of course!! And it is up a hill (I will walk there if needed!!) Oh my god snow is getting heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are getting our tree on sunday, cant wait. Maybe you could have a little tree instead?

MrsBrown, Dec 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. BunnyMonkey

Becky

Pinch and a punch first day of the month :D

The first thing I did at work this morning was to put our decorations up - we've got 2 little red tinsel trees from paperchase, and red & green tinsel along the top of our desks. Yay!

Might be putting our decorations up tonight, although we're heading to the Christmas markets first for some bratwurst followed by pancakes and mulled wine. I love christmas food, although it's not going to be that great for my dress!! :)

Becky, Dec 1, 2010
  4. BunnyMonkey

MrsBrown

is that the christmas markets in Manchester? They are ace, but were very busy when I went last year! it was snowing then too!!

oh I love christmas.. just wish it would stop snowing!!!

MrsBrown, Dec 1, 2010
  5. BunnyMonkey

Becky

Oh and weather here isn't too bad - there's been some heavy snow this morning but the sun has come out now. It's so cold though, and really icy underneath the snow. I saw joggers out last night - I could barely walk in a straight line without slipping, they are mad!! :)

Becky, Dec 1, 2010
  6. BunnyMonkey

Helen

Ohhh becky! I'm so glad someone else does the pinch and punch as noone round here knows what I'm talking about when I say it!

I've already got 2 trees up....! One in my living room and one in the hall :) Love Christmas!

I agree with Mrs Brown, maybe get a small tree or when I lived in a tiny house I spray painted some twigs silver and put tiny baubles on those. You can also do this with holly sprigs, we had a holly tree at my oh's house last year, looks fab and doesn't drop any leaves or needles :)

Helen, Dec 7, 2010
  7. BunnyMonkey

poppleminster

I'm so rubbish this year that my decorations extend to tewo stuffed reindeer and a 3ft fibre optic tree. My children are going to their dads from 24 to 28th so i'm just not feeling christmassy. I wont get to see them open stuff as I cannot withold their presents until they get back as that just seems mean. Humbug. I normally love this time of year.

poppleminster, Dec 9, 2010
  8. BunnyMonkey

Becky

That sucks, big hugs xxx

Becky, Dec 10, 2010
  9. BunnyMonkey

Helen

Popple why don't you have Christmas a couple of days early and open presents with your children then? :)

Helen, Dec 10, 2010
  10. BunnyMonkey

poppleminster

Am doing just that Helen. I got so miserable that Ben has a few days off and we are doing xmas on 23rd Dec, going over to his mums with the nephews etc and having xmas lunch there :) It'll be fab as Popples is too young to understand the date and little Ben wont care as long as he gets his lego and some little sausages with bacon wrapped round.

My soon to be in-laws are awesome. My Ben is awesome and it makes us one funky, nutty but lovely little family :)

poppleminster, Dec 14, 2010
  11. BunnyMonkey

Helen

:) fab! That way you get Christmas with them first too :)

Helen, Dec 14, 2010
  12. BunnyMonkey

Becky

That sounds lovely! Hope you have an amazing time with them :)

Becky, Dec 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question