Groupon

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsMay2011, Apr 21, 2011.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

hello friends,

Just wondering if anyone has used www.groupon.co.uk ? I have for a couple of months and got some great bargains. (the concept is that businesses offer really good deals - normally at least 50% off - but they're only 'on' if a certain amount of people buy it eg. 50% off tooth whitening as long as more than 20 people buy)

So far I've had:
    £40 radley voucher to spend on anything online & in store for £14 - got 2x mini purses for extra bm presents
    Luxury mani-pedi for £15 instead of £55 at local salon - used for hen do
    Mezze for 2 at local posh Greek restaurant for £15, going w h2b next week.

Anyway, today's deal is photobooks £3.99 instead of £25, have got some to make souvenir books for the mums after the wedding (nb expires 10th June) http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/liverpool/2m-print-photobooks/345909

Also under Liverpool is a teeth whitening deal, both above could be useful for brides to be.

So far am def a groupon convert!!!

MrsMay2011, Apr 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

Helen

Sounds good, I'd not heard of it before so will have a look :D

Helen, Apr 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

poppleminster

I write the reviews of this and another similar website. The concept is good but don't be fooled by the time ticking away, very often the deals are being matched elsewhere anyway and be really careful with deals that 'expire in 12 months' as the company may have limited numbers and groupon ignore this and frequently oversell the services / products leaving people out of pocket and having to claim the money back, if they can, from the retailer not from groupon. They were featured on watchdog for it recently. Good concept when used with caution but check the deal isn't independently offered by the company anyway.

poppleminster, Apr 26, 2011
  4. MrsMay2011

alfamillie

Just bought a boudoir shoot on Groupon Shine Boudoir
    At that price I couldn't resist and I'll take my wedding dress (the shorter evening one I've ordered) and get some special shots for my man ;-) I just know that on the day I'll be too busy to think about posing in my undies!

alfamillie, Jun 24, 2011
  5. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011, Mar 30, 2012
  6. MrsMay2011

gildius

I've used Groupon a few times and it's always been pretty good.
    I got reduced chef's knives (which I love), and also a replica of an Eames chair for my brother.
    I'd recommend it :)

gildius, Jul 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question