Grooms Suit

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by Sez, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Sez

Sez

Hi Ladies, Just want to run an idea with you. My H2B and i are having a bit of a debate about what he should wear, as our colour scheme is black and white i think it would be really nice if he was to wear a tux but instead of having the bow tie done up leaving it undone (like an old school crooner, think dean martin style). I have attached a pic but its not a very good one but so you get the gengeral idea. H2B quite likes the idea but we thought we'd ask the best man what he thought and he said in the wedding photos it would look like the day is almost over and the boys were relaxing. i see his point but will probably ignore him anyway but i though i'd ask for your opinion on here. The other half would easily get away with it as he's quite pretty but rugged at the same time (trust me in my head that makes sence)! Its either that or a black suit with a white shirt and ivory tie.

thoughts?

Attached Files:

Sez, Jan 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sez

Frogbitch

Our scheme was black and white, and Russ went with a black suit and ivory waistcoat and tie.

URL=http://www.bigday.co.uk/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=214][​IMG][/URL]

What about a black skinny tie, tied loosely with the shirt undone at the top? I would worry that a bow tie might try to escape if it's not secure!

Frogbitch, Jan 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Sez

Becky

I think it looks really nice, but the overall effect could depend on what everyone else is wearing. If the others are wearing ties (or bow ties) that are done up and the groom has his undone, he will probably look a bit dishevelled by comparison (even though the overall look suits him!). But if everyone is doing it I'm sure it will look great! :)

Becky, Jan 12, 2011
  4. Sez

Sez

i'll be getting the father of the bride, the bestman and everyone else to do that aswell

Sez, Jan 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question