Greetings to y'all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scottish Mernymph, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Scottish Mernymph

Scottish Mernymph

Hi there everyone, my Fiancé & I have been together for almost 4 years(November) we got engaged in February this year-would have been sooner but last year we didn't see each other at all as I was receiving treatment for breast cancer & he had just started a new job & couldn't get any time off to visit here(he's in Michigan).
    We're excitedly & impatiently awaiting for notification of my visa being approved-I'm still to have a medical, embassy appointment.

In the meantime we've set a date for May 1st next year & are starting to organise things, we're going with an elopement style very quiet day, we've almost picked a venue-we'll be getting married over there in a lovely outdoor location- & are investigating an officiator, we just decided last night on what style of outfit he'll be wearing.

I'm going to start trying dresses on soon, however, I think I may wait until I get over there to get my dress in the States.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks here, sharing stories & tips

Scottish Mernymph, Oct 20, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Scottish Mernymph

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sorry to hear about the breast cancer, are you in the clear now? I hope everything has been going well with the treatment, it must have been difficult spending time apart while you were going through that.

How did your fiancé pop the question?

Becky, Oct 22, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Scottish Mernymph

Scottish Mernymph

Hi Becky, thankyou for your warm welcome & kind thoughts. I'm very pleased to say I finished my cancer treatments in January & am now cancer-free.
    The photo in my avatar there was taken at the very moment he surprised me with the ring, we were out walking in his local park & we stopped to take a selfie in front of a lovely big tree with two trunks, he held up his phone & asked me to press the button to take the photo....just as I went to press the button he held the ring up in front of us, my face is hilarious in that photo lol...he did then get down on one knee & asked me to be his wife....of course I said yes:D

Scottish Mernymph, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Scottish Mernymph

Becky Administrator

Ah that's so lovely! What a great way to capture the moment too! :) So glad to hear you're doing well after your treatments :D

Becky, Oct 24, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question