Getting On The Property Ladder

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsGroves2B, Sep 11, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

That's fantastic news, congratulations! I'm so pleased that it has all worked out in the end :D

Becky, Nov 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

So pleased that the moving is going great and that you're now on the property ladder. I bet you feel more secure now its your own home.

nikster1987, Nov 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

We love it here! Its felt instantly like home even with boxes everywhere! I really don't like boxes everywhere but we have pretty much sorted everything out now, just 2 boxes that contain the surround sound, which we are waiting for the new sofas to arrive before deciding whether to set up.

We have 2 deliveries due to make our home complete (and no, not the pitter patter of tiny feet!) We have a 2 and 3 seater sofa and pouffe set arriving after the week commencing 9th December, and ordered a dishwasher today and delivery is at most 50 days, which is annoying but if it arrives in the warehouse earlier we get it earlier, and a dishwasher is not an essential item anyway. I just hope they can get it in before Christmas as it will be useful over the festive period!

Our cats are settling in well too! Gizmo has space to play with her toys and run around when she has her moments, but also a choice of 2 comfy beds (ours and the spare bed!) to sleep on. Lilly has a load of shadows she can chase and try to attack, but she does get a little scared when we both go out somewhere and the cats are alone, especially when the hallway is dark, but she's better now the spare bed is built and she has somewhere to sleep and even hide if needby.

MrsGroves2B, Nov 20, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

I'm so pleased to hear you are all settling in well! It's annoying waiting for furniture to arrive isn't it? When we bought our first house last year we moved in May and didn't get our sofas until just before Christmas!! It's such a nice feeling when everything comes together though. Bet you'll be really excited to have your first Christmas there! :D

Becky, Nov 21, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Sofas are due into the store week commencing 9th December, so any point from there they will call us and arrange delivery to us. It means that the Christmas tree can't go up until its here, but that's no hardship! Chris likes the tree up on the 1st December, I'm quite happy for it to be a little later than that! I love Christmas, but not one for having the tree up too early!0

I'm now going through all my things that were at my parents' house, so our spare room has some of that. The down side is that once that lot gets sorted there's more to come, and it will keep going from there! Otherwise we're sorted!

MrsGroves2B, Nov 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question