Getting Married on a week day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsBrown, Aug 4, 2011.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

MrsBrown, Aug 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

Becky

Changed! :)

Funnily enough I was reading that same article yesterday - great minds think alike!

Becky, Aug 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

muckypaws

maybe its because im a second time rounder but to be honest should it matter ............we wed on a friday which is apparently bad luck ha ha ??? our guests had a years notice to sort leave etc and most of them came up thursday too........... think its more to do with trendy venues ............ and the fact more and more places offer packages cheap mid week .........who cares what day it is ITS YOUR WEDDING DAY ha ha

muckypaws, Aug 6, 2011
  4. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Fridays are bad luck?! I'm getting married on a Friday and to be honest, our luck can't really be any worse lol :)

MrsC2Be, Aug 6, 2011
  5. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

We got married on a friday too.. mainly because on a friday the closed the place to tourists and on any other day you had to share it with them.

The only prob it caused was that as we got married on sept 10th, it was the week after the schools went back and I forgot about the kids missing school but most people were ok about it. One person who was a teacher said she would come later which was ok.

MrsBrown, Aug 6, 2011
  6. MrsBrown

MrsMay2011

Hear hear.

MrsMay2011, Aug 6, 2011
  7. MrsBrown

poppleminster

I'm all for weekday weddings. The only reason ours is a Sat is because the little hall we're using makes no difference which day we used so we went with the Sat.

poppleminster, Aug 6, 2011
  8. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

Getting married on a Friday saved me £6000 on the cost of the venue. Nothing unlucky about that!

Frogbitch, Aug 6, 2011
  9. MrsBrown

Helen

We got married on a Thursday, but as we were abroad the day made no difference to us or our three guests who were obviously on holiday for longer than the day we got married on! Having said that we were going to get married on the Tuesday but altered it to the Thursday to fit in better with our guests holiday plans.

Our UK reception was on a Wednesday. Nearly all my guests came, a couple couldn't due to new jobs or work crisis. My husbands guests this was less of a problem for as about 98% of them are self employed and work a 7 day week anyway so having a Saturday off is just as bad for them. The people who seemed most surprised about it being a Wednesday were our band. They kept commenting on how they weren't expecting a wedding on a Wednesday and people to party so much!

I say go with what you want. No matter when (or where) you choose to have your wedding it will suit some but not others. Most will make an effort to come, if they don't do you really want them there anyway!

Helen, Aug 7, 2011
  10. MrsBrown

muckypaws

This what i found when browsing for traditions etc :D not that I took any notice ha ha but i do love traditions and where they originate
    CHOOSING THE DAY Although most weddings now take place on a Saturday it was considered unlucky in the past. Fridays were also considered unlucky particularly Friday the 13th. The famous old rhyme advises a wedding in the first half of the week:
    Monday for wealth
    Tuesday for health
    Wednesday the best day of all
    Thursday for losses
    Friday for crosses
    Saturday for no luck at all

muckypaws, Aug 7, 2011
  11. MrsBrown

MrsStobe813

I get married on a Friday, it saves us over £2,000 all round! The people who want to be there will be, those who won't get the time off to attend your wedding aren't worth an invite!

MrSStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 7, 2011
  12. MrsBrown

poppleminster

That's very cool. Have they agreed to hold the prices for you until 2013? In which case, bargain!

poppleminster, Aug 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question