Getting Married in Rhodes

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Jackie, May 15, 2016.

1. Jackie

Jackie

Good afternoon.
    I'm after a bit of advice regarding mine and my partners wedding next year.
    We've been together for nearly 20 years and are not a pair of youngsters.
    We've finally decided to tie the knot in St Paul's bay in Lindos Rhodes and already we've been made to feel guilty about our decision.
    The main reason we've opted to go abroad is simple, my family is huge and we couldn't face the task of narrowing down who to invite without offending people.
    I've explained to the family that anyone who would like to join us is more than welcome but we're not actually going to send out personal invites as we don't want people to feel pressured into attending as we fully understand the cost involved.
    Have any of you faced the same dilema and how have you managed to keep peace and harmony?
    We will be having a big family and friends party when we get back but I really don't like being made to feel bad over our big day

Jackie, May 15, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Jackie

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum Jackie :)

You should definitely stick to your guns - it's your wedding, not theirs, and if you want to have a wedding abroad then don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it! If you wanted to have some kind of compromise, then a lot of people in your situation have a follow up party back home - doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a booze up and an excuse to wear your dress again ;)

How is your wedding planning going? Still in the early stages?

Becky, May 16, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Jackie

Jackie

Hi Becky
    Thanks for your reply.
    We've booked our wedding and just waiting for the actual date to be confirmed.
    Really excited now as I know after 19 years with Himself it's actually going to happen.
    We'll be having a big family and friends get together once we are home.

Jackie, May 21, 2016
    Becky likes this.
  4. Jackie

Becky Administrator

Sounds great! :)

Becky, May 23, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question