General Wedding Stress

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, May 15, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Has anyone, or did anyone get to the point with their wedding planning where they've just wanted it all to be done and sorted? I'm really looking forward to the day, really can't wait, but I'm also getting to the stage that its stressing me out and I can't wait for the honeymoon afterwards for the break!

Everytime something gets paid off a bit of relief spreads over me, its an extra weight off our minds. We've paid off:
    • Suits.
    • Reception venue (includes the DJ).
    • Cake.
    • Honeymoon.
    • Bridesmaids' outfits (dress, shoes, headpiece, letting them wear their own necklace).
    • Page Boy and Ring Bearer's suits (just need to order the jackets tomorrow to go with them, just awaiting the Page Boy's Mom to text me the best size to order).
    • Rings.
    • Favours (simple bags of sweets for everyone, and a children's activity pack for the children).
    • Gifts for people (just want something for the grandparents, was thinking a photo frame and I'll decorate it with "My Grandson's/Granddaughter's Wedding/ Our Grandson's Wedding", but want an extra something for my Nan as she has paid most of the wedding).
    • Bride's jewellery, make up and shoes (dress to be paid upon collection).
    • Photographer and VIdeographer (paid all they require before the wedding, the rest is paid after the photographs and video have been completed).
    • Hotel room on the wedding night (H2B's parents have paid).
    What we've got left to pay off:
    • Church (spoke to the treasurer at church on Monday night after our PCC meeting and she's going to find out the balance for us).
    • Church flowers (paying two weeks before- we know the lady who is doing them- H2B's Nan is paying).
    • Flowers- bouquets and button holes (paying half the remaining balance at the end of the month and the remainder just before- H2B's Nan is paying).
    • Cars (will be invoiced on 1st June, and the money is aside ready to pay, my Mom is paying the wife of the car driver as their daughter is in Mom's class in the nursery where she works).
    • Room decorator (need to pay her soon, may need to put her as next priority along with the flowers).
    • My dress (paying upon collection on 18th June- My Dad is paying).
    • Our parish church banns certificate (we're not marrying at our parish church- this will be paid on Sunday after the final banns have been read and we will collect the certificate at the same time).

As you can see, there's not really a lot we have to pay for, but still feeling the stress! Maybe I'll feel better once things have been paid off. I'm not majorly worried about the money, its there ready to be drawn out and there's people paying certain parts of it. I think its more the deadlines are looming and that automatically puts a big weight on your mind. Like I say, everytime something gets paid off that's a weight off our minds, but still can't help but feel stressed!

Am I the only one or is this normal? I thought it was normal but feel that its all minor compared to what others have to go through so shouldn't feel like this!

MrsGroves2B, May 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Yeah I think it is normal ;) There is so much that goes on in the build up to the wedding - so many things to organise and think about - that it is sometimes easy to lose focus on what it is all about. It is just one day, the start of what will hopefully be a long and happy marriage, and that is a lovely thought :)

Becky, May 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

That's good, glad its not just me that can't wait for the holiday afterwards! Hehe! I am excited for the wedding, it will be 6 weeks on Saturday and the weeks are flying by!

I think I'm pretty much on track with it all, just finished the draft of the Order of Service, and will print one copy off for the Vicar as I want him to check its what he will be saying (that's the first part really) and that its all correct before printing over 100 copies off! That, I think is the biggest job to do now was having a seating plan, got a draft down, but think I may scrap that now, its just a buffet and so long as the top table and grandparents table are sorted, and those that can't do stairs get a seat downstairs I don't mind (we have about 4 people who wont be able to do a flight of stairs to the balcony). It has caused arguments so I'd rather just forget it!

MrsGroves2B, May 15, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

Avid Thinker

It's just wedding anxiety so don't forget to relax and have fun on the big day. Everything will still be perfect, I'm sure. :=)

Avid Thinker, May 16, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

Don't worry in the final week before our day I wasn't in the least excited I couldn't wait for it to all be over and be sat poolside in the villa! But on the day it all just happens and not matter what happens its all good! Just relax and remember to take care of yourself in the run up! - I didn't and starting the day after I am full of cold! Hoping an early night in our own bed will lead to a full, good night sleep and I'll wake up feeling much better tomorrow as we have to pack and leave for our honeymoon tomorrow!

iPrincess26, May 16, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thanks everyone! I got to a point yesterday and said right, forget it, don't want to play no more, just get it all done now! However, after our night seeing Derren Brown live in Birmingham last night it really gave us a break from it all and we had a fantastic night- really want to go and see him live again, so its recharged the batteries somewhat!

We're off out for a meal with H2B's parents tonight and H2B has warned them not to mention anything to do with the wedding as we want a night away from it all! Glad he has- not a big fan of H2B's Mom and I am liable to snap if she says anything to me about the wedding- she butts in a lot! However, they are paying and I'll owe them the money- my card has had to be cancelled this morning as I've found out (and confirmed its a genuine call from my bank, don't trust these bank calls) that my card is one of a few they've been informed about that has possibly been cloned, so my card has had to be cancelled and a new one sent out to me! Luckily nothing has been taken from my account, so that's a blessing, and I'm glad the bank have done something to let me know, so not annoyed, just an inconvenience more than anything.

Enjoy your Honeymoon iPrincess! Glad the wedding went well! xx

MrsGroves2B, May 17, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

Helen

Amy we need a wedding report or have I missed it?!

Helen, May 25, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

Nope you havent missed it Helen, I have been in Italy for the last 2 weeks! Loved every second (almost) but arriving back I wish we had waited a few extra days before leaving (we got married wed, got home mid afternoon thurs and left for the airport lunch time Friday) so that we could get all the wedding stuff tidied away and the house cleaned before we left as its a nightmare coming home to have honeymoon unpacking to do along with wedding stuff to sort out and dust and cobwebs, it really accumulates over 2 weeks! I promise I shall start the report this week!

iPrincess26, Jun 1, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  9. MrsGroves2B

Helen

Super I'm looking forward to it! (also need a honeymoon report!)

Helen, Jun 2, 2013
  10. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Looking forward to them too!

MrsGroves2B, Jun 3, 2013
  11. MrsGroves2B

Doreen Guido

I am quite organized,I always will make a list of the ready-to-do stuffs,and then do it step by step.....so,the preparation really should begin earlier.... ;) ;) ;)

Doreen Guido, Nov 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question