Flowers

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Sez, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Sez

Sez

I've just had my quote through from the florists and i'm not to sure if its good or bad... i think its more than i budgeted but i was guessing.

1 Bridal bouquet £150.00
    1 Maids £60
    2 Corsages £17.50
    4 Buttonholes £10.00
    Plus VAT at 20% = Total £342.00 inc

All of these are pure white roses and at the height of the wedding season... is this reasonable?

i would shop around but there are only 3 florists anywhere near us, the first one kept on fobbing me off everytime i tried to book an appointment and were unsure about a sunday delivery, the second one has had really bad reviews and one poor woman they didnt even dhow up on her wedding day with the flowers! These ones are great and really helpful and have no issues with delivering on sunday

Sez, Feb 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sez

Becky Administrator

I'm not an expert on flowers, but those bouquets sound a bit pricey to me. I think brides bouquets are usually in the region of £60 to £90, and BM bouquets a bit less. However it might just be because of the type of flowers used - if you are happy with the florist but want to save a bit on the flowers, it might be worth asking if that is their best price, and if so whether they could use different flowers (or a mix) that are cheaper.

Hope this helps!:blink:

Becky, Feb 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Sez

Frogbitch

What sort of bouquets are you and your maid having?
    The prices for those seem quite high compared to what I paid, but our bouquets were small, hand tied ones. Anything that required wiring would be much more expensive.

Frogbitch, Feb 4, 2011
  4. Sez

Sez

just simple hand ties ones, and my BM's are slgihtly smaller

Sez, Feb 4, 2011
  5. Sez

Zoe

Hiya

Have you thought about having silk flowers instead? They tend to be a lot cheaper and will last a lot longer. You florist should be able to provide prices for silk ones.

I've gone for 3 pink silk calla lillies with black and white intertwined ribbon down the stem
    1 single pink calla lilly for maid of honour
    6 button hole smaller calla lillies (h2b, son, 2x best men, my step dad and mil's partner)
    2 corsages for mums (£7.50 each) to be chosen nearer the time
    Total cost - £52.00

Zoe, Feb 4, 2011
  6. Sez

Sez

i've spoken to a few florist and basically every one of them said that that quote can easily be halved

Sez, Feb 7, 2011
  7. Sez

poppleminster

Good. I understand that they try to make as much money as they can but there are limits. Just because they knew it was your big day and that you'd be prepared to spend more to have it perfect is no reason to rip you off. Glad that you have some more sensible offers xxx

poppleminster, Feb 8, 2011
  8. Sez

Anon_SA

Yes good good! My flowers are slightly at the top end but the bouquets definitely not as expensive as your quote! I sometimes wish I'd thought of something else other than real flowers... all that money for something you're going to throw away at the end of the day? Oh well!

Anon_SA, Feb 8, 2011
  9. Sez

Sez

It is amazing how much extra that put on the quote just because it has the word wedding in front of it!

Sez, Feb 8, 2011
  10. Sez

FlowerCo

Hi There

Sorry, been flat out and not around much!

If these are hand tieds I would say yes way too much! I would be looking at £150 for a fully wired shower, or a hand ties with David Austin or Real Flower Company roses.

Where are you? London often attracts a high proce tag, but I would assume if you were there, there would be more than 3 florists!

Let me know if you want me to look at it in more detail

XXX

FlowerCo, Feb 8, 2011
  11. Sez

Sez

I live in Aylesbury, the quote was for hand tied roses... very expensive! I'm going to go and see another florist next week to see if they can do better. If i'm still shocked my the prices then i'll look into getting silk ones

Sez, Feb 9, 2011
  12. Sez

Sez

I've just got a much better quote for the flowers from the lady who is sorting out all out char back covers £175 inc vat! Also my bouquet is wgite roses with black diamontes in in! perfect!

Sez, Feb 11, 2011
  13. Sez

poppleminster

Brilliant news - am really glad to hear it got sorted :) One more thing off your list of things to do! xxx

poppleminster, Feb 11, 2011
  14. Sez

Zoe

Wow, what a reduction from the original quote! Just goes to show what can be done with a bit of asking around.

Zoe, Feb 11, 2011
  15. Sez

FlowerCo

Great news xxx

FlowerCo, Feb 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question