Flower Girls And Page Boys?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by nikster1987, Nov 8, 2012.

1. nikster1987

nikster1987

Hi Everyone.

My sister is currently pregnant and I want to incorporate her baby in our wedding when the time comes as we don't have a set date yet. I was wondering what sort of age is appropriate for flower girls and page boys.
    We already have our nephew from my partners sister and am secretly hoping my sister has a little girl so we can have a page boy and flower girl.

Thanks!

nikster1987, Nov 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. nikster1987

MisplacedBrit

I don't think there's any sort of minimum age for flower girls, unless you're wanting them to actually spread petals down the aisle before you walk down. There are many many sizes and designs of dresses for flower girls, from tiny little babies, right up to the ages of ten, eleven, and maybe even twelve.

Go with what your heart tells you, it's your big day and you can have whatever you like :)

MisplacedBrit, Nov 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. nikster1987

nikster1987

Thanks! She is due to give birth next April but we won't be getting married for another couple of years. Secretly hoping I get a niece!

nikster1987, Nov 8, 2012
  4. nikster1987

Helen

I'm sure you can find a way for him or her to have a role in your wedding however old they are :) With something like that it is probably best to leave deciding what you would like them to do until the last minute, then you and your sister will have a really good idea about their abilities.

Helen, Nov 9, 2012
  5. nikster1987

Becky

Agreed! We had two flower girls at our wedding, but as they had both recently turned two we didn't give them a role as such, just a pretty dress and a flower wand. I went to a friends wedding a few weeks ago and the bride's 4 year old niece was a flower girl - she is usually a very outgoing little girl but when it came to scattering petals down the aisle she went really shy!

Becky, Nov 12, 2012
  6. nikster1987

nikster1987

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it! Will definitely have the baby involved somehow, no matter whether its a boy or girl.

nikster1987, Nov 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question