First Wedding Anniversary Ideas

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Helen, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Helen

Helen

What did/are you going to do?

We have been invited to a wedding. Husband has just said he wishes we hadn't as he wanted to have a night or two away. I am surprised by this as he doesn't like time away from work! Or spending money ha! Anyway we are off to the wedding and will have a think about doing something to celebrate another day, maybe our reception anniversary instead. :)

Are you getting/making a card or gift for each other?

Anyone doing anything 'paper' related?

Just need a few ideas so we can decide what to do... :p

Helen, Apr 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

MrsBrown

We went away for the night to a nice hotel, just us.

We bought cards but decided no presents as we had just got the puppy. To be honest we were so exhausted with the puppy it was nice to just be away and sleep ha ha.. Parents puppy sat for us.

Can't believe your on a year already!

MrsBrown, Apr 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

hpsauce84

We're planning on spending the night at our wedding venue! We're also trying to come up with something to do with 'paper' that's not too expensive and a bit different so looking forward to reading others ideas! :)

hpsauce84, Apr 16, 2012
  4. Helen

Becky

I'm not sure what our plans are yet, and there's not long left!! As we are in the process of buying a house at the moment we were hoping to complete in time for our anniversary, so the house deeds would be a very wonderful first anniversary present (and they are paper too!). However the mortgage has only just been approved so I'm not sure when we'll complete... I've got my fingers crossed though!

Whatever happens I imagine we'll cook a nice meal and have an evening in :)

Becky, Apr 16, 2012
  5. Helen

Anon_SA

Richard and I are off to a place near Harrogate called The Yorke Arms for a delectable Michelin starred meal on the 5th May! We're also staying over (and taking our own champagne that Richard's mum has already given us!). On the way back on the date of the anniversary we're stopping off at his parents' house in Holmfirth to celebrate the day there (as it's also his mum's birthday) with a barbecue and hopefully my sister will be able to make it over too! As it's bank holiday weekend we're staying the night there too, and we'll have a screening of the wedding video and a ceremonial look over the photo album.

Very much looking forward to it!

Anon_SA, Apr 22, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  6. Helen

MrsBrown

Richards parents live near my family sort off! My mum got married from holm firth police station! Seriously she lived in a flat there and the report in the paper gave that as her address and the car picked her up! My family live near the big tv mast now!

MrsBrown, Apr 22, 2012
  7. Helen

MrsMay2011

I was going to get a copy of one of readings from our wedding framed as a gift (paper!). BUT we were at the in-laws the other night and started talking about the readings (his sis is getting married June & in process of choosing hers) and his mum said she'd like a copy as she'd forgotten exactly what it said. Hubby then said we should put a copy up in our house (splendid idea bravo!) and then I could literally SEE him having the idea to do it for our anniversary! Ha.
    He's not exactly a mystery wrapped in an enigma my husband - which I count as a very good thing!

MrsMay2011, Apr 22, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  8. Helen

Helen

Getting closer now and I've not really decided what to do. Would like to do something paper related, am super busy baking this week for a fete next weekend and then I will get on to it!

Helen, Apr 22, 2012
  9. Helen

MrsBoucher2B2012

we are not married yet but i already have an idea for the paper anniversary, h2b loves F1 so i am going to get him 2 tickets to the silverstone F1 2013. I like to be organised haha

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 22, 2012
  10. Helen

Zoe

We went to my mum's for lunch yesterday and she gave us a voucher for Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill at the Doubletree Hilton for our anniversary. We're really looking forward to it. As I'll be 20 weeks pregnant on our anniversary I'm going to struggle to fit into my 'posh' dresses. Perhaps it'll be a good excuse to buy a new one. I was thinking of getting some scratch cards or lottery tickets for a present (sort of paper related)???

Zoe, Apr 23, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  11. Helen

Becky

MrsMay your post made me laugh out loud!! :lol:

Becky, Apr 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question