Finally Thought Of A Theme!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsMay2011, Nov 6, 2010.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Hi - I've finally got an answer when people ask me what 'theme' my wedding is going to be! For ages I couldn't think of anything that grabbed me, and suggestions such as 'butterflies' etc didn't really seem very me.

I was discussing this at work and someone said I had to think of something I really liked and i said...Tea! So I'm having a teapot themed wedding and am now v excited about that! (NB - this is a TEAPOT themed wedding, not to be confused with a TEA PARTY themed wedding which is, clearly, a completely different thing! :) )

So I'm going to have teapots with flowers in on the tables, and round about and, erm that's all I've thought of so far!

I've asked friends and family to look out for teapots at charity shops etc. This has backfired slightly as H2B came home t'other day with THIS monstrosity!

Teapot.jpg

JuliaK and I have decided that we should run a little competition to see if ANYONE possesses ANYTHING quite as ugly as this, and the winner gets the teapot....as a wedding present... :lol:

MrsMay2011, Nov 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

Frogbitch

Ooooh! Teabags as favours!!
    If you're handmaking invitations, you could get parchment ones and stain them.

Frogbitch, Nov 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

I love tea, this theme is fab!! That Teapot is something else!

My friend had a yorkshire theme and had teapot place holders, something similar to these. They are quite expensive but she gave them as favours too and depending how many people you have.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grehom-Place-Card-Holder-Beautiful/dp/B001L5C77W/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1289071592&sr=8-9

Also found these?

http://www.aweddinglessordinary.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4173

An idea for naming the tables could be after different types of tea, earl grey, breakfast tea, green tea etc etc

Sorry, I feel the need to wedidng plan and have no wedding ha ha!

What's yr colour scheme?

MrsBrown, Nov 6, 2010
  4. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

5. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

You guys are so good at this! I am making invitations, I'd never have thought of tea staining them, such a good idea. Reminds me of school, and then we'd singe the edges to look like an ancient scroll lol.

I love love love those little teapot placeholders, they are q dear but there are only going to 30people at the wedding breakfast...will have to see if I can find em cheaper!

Colour scheme is sage green and ivory with a little bit of pale pink :)

MrsMay2011, Nov 6, 2010
  6. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

7. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

MrsBrown, Nov 6, 2010
  8. MrsMay2011

Helen

Hehe loving your theme, that teapot is erm something else lol :lol:

Mrs Brown has got some ace ideas :)

Helen, Nov 7, 2010
  9. MrsMay2011

MrsC2Be

Mrs Brown, would you like to plan my wedding?! :lol:

Love the tea theme! It'll all look gorgeous and the best thing is its personal to you :) x

MrsC2Be, Nov 7, 2010
  10. MrsMay2011

Becky Administrator

What an excellent idea, I love it! :lol:

A teapot cake would be amazing, but I guess if your brother's girlfriend is making it that could be tricky. Worth a try though!

I like the idea of a teabag as part of the favour, you could put them in a small envelope with 'Have a drink on me' written on the outside :)

Rather than serving wine from bottles, how about getting it served from teapots?! It would look quite bizar but very funny! :lol:

P.S. That is one ugly teapot!!

Becky, Nov 7, 2010
  11. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

My Hubbie came to sit next to me last night when I was looking on google for wedding themed teapot idea, he looked at the laptop with a rather puzzled face and asked why I was looking at wedding stuff seen as we have been married for 8 weeks ( a whole 8 week OMG!!) I think he was worried I am planning it again or have post wedding blues so need to look ha ha!!

Anyway, dont have post wedding blues but it was nice to look for ideas again, trub is then you think.. 'wish i'd thought of that' ha ha

MrsBrown, Nov 7, 2010
  12. MrsMay2011

Anon_SA

I am in hysterics!!! I can't stop laughing at that teapot!!

As your husband to be purchased it especially for you, I think it should take pride of place at the top table, or better still, pride of place at the top of the cake stand!!

Anon_SA, Nov 7, 2010
  13. MrsMay2011

poppleminster

I have five teapots here that you are welcome to borrow. They are all ugly as sin and are for flowers at my wedding. As I am not getting married until a year after you, you're welcome to borrow them :(

poppleminster, Nov 7, 2010
  14. MrsMay2011

Mrs T2B (Kel)

we had flowers in teapots at our teaparty themed wedding .. well teapots and large jugs ... they look fab if your going for an unorganised feel . Mum and I did a 'supermarket sweep' purchase of flowers the day before the wedding in all the vintage colours and then just mixed them up so there was a few of each in each teapot.

The only thing I would say is that you can't have particularly ' tall' arrangements of flowers in teapots as they tend to be quite short, our flowers looked very 'higgly-piggledy' .. but then, that was the general idea :(

I have some pics if you want to see the kind of thing we 'created'

teapot & cup shaped cookie cutters re quite cheap on eBay if you want to make your own favours. I made 'sugar cookies' which were really easy and kept well ( I did a trial run before the wedding and they kept fine in an airtight box for 2 weeks, so I knew I could make them the weekend before the wedding and they would still be fine!)
    Everybody loved them and thought I'd bought them .. nope I made them .. queue look of shock on faces of guests ..

As our theme was teaparty / Alice in Wonderland I didn't go for the teapot shaped ones in the end, but got a friend to ship me a special cookie cutter set from America that you can indent messages on the cookies with .. ours said a range of "Kelly & T" and "Eat Me" :D

We also scoured charity shops for tea serving sets with cups and saucers and used the cups/saucers as part of the table decoration and the teapots for the flowers.

Mrs T2B (Kel), Nov 7, 2010
  15. MrsMay2011

MrsBoucher2B2012

love the theme.

instead of a signing frame or plate you could try and get a big teapot (or maybe a few normal sized teapots) and your guest could write a little message on it.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Nov 8, 2010
  16. MrsMay2011

muckypaws

I've got huge tea cups a tea pot on my window cill with plants in rofl I will post a pic x garden centre near me but loads must sell them. Get some distress ink from craft shop they do tea stain colours less messy than actual tea :)

muckypaws, Nov 8, 2010
  17. MrsMay2011

FlowerCo

IMG_3817.JPG IMG_3820.JPG Hi There

here are some I did to help you too!
    IMG_3823.JPG

have fun with it!

FlowerCo, Nov 9, 2010
  18. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Mrs Brown can be our unofficial planner!
    I saw a teapot shaped chalkboard on eBay can't post it as on my phone but am deffo gonna try and get that!
    Popple- thanks that's such a kind offer, thank you!! When I've assessed the teapot situation nearer the time I may well be sending you boxes and bubble wrap!

I'm so pleased with all my ideas, is it bad that I font know the diff between normal cookies and sugar cookies?! I'd really like to have a go at them though, would look great if I could pull it off. Am also looking into prices for personalised teabags and am deffo naming the tables after types of tea.
    Thanks guys, so happy - I love tea :)

MrsMay2011, Nov 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question