Finally Looked At Dresses!

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Right ok!!!! I have looked... rather quickly thought it would take longer for something to stand out and for me to shout yes I like you!!
    and luckily I had no customers in so I could keep on browsing!!

However!!! I did orginally have in my head that I wanted something simple!!! nothing big, not too much detail just a bit!!! Like these 1st 3!!

However i then found these..... nothing like i have ever wanted or had in my head but I thought ooooooooooooooooo
    and now well I just dont know....... can I have them all.... and pretend im a pop star on tour and keep changing throughout the day??? (not sure my H2B or my mum would be pleased with the cost of all tho) , but I could use the old trick of but i've had it ages:rolleyes:.... hmm not sure that would work either

Oh dear I dont know more confused now!!!!

he he but liking looking at dresses..... might have to look more.... noooo that means more ideas :(

Vikki xxx

Attached Files:

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMoo2Be

poppleminster

oooooh very elegant and sophisticated and beautiful! :(

poppleminster, Jun 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Thanks!! :(.... so not me lol

had to edit the post as I didnt know then how to attach any pics lol :)

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010
  4. MrsMoo2Be

ilovepink1984

Oh yay! Lovely, lovely, lovely! PArticularly like the Ronald Joyce one in the first picture! That is very pretty and I love the little capped sleeves. Who are the others by? I also like the last picture - like the beading arounf the bust area - very pretty too.

Try looking at Benjamin Roberts website, he has some similar styles - I'm biased tho, I have one of his!! - and Maggie Sottero also has similar styles.

Keep looking, we want more pics to look at!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 23, 2010
  5. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

I do love the 1st one I think more than the 2nd, I dont like my arms so having something there is nice but its not too much either the back of it is lovely but wouldnt let me save the pic!! The 2nd one is a mori lee. The other 2 are both Ronald Joyce. really not something I wanted but really pretty and would shock H2B as I've told him I dont want anything Big and I want something nice and simple so I could imagine his face now ha!!

Ohhh thanks will have a look at the site now!!

xxx

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010
  6. MrsMoo2Be

ilovepink1984

Ah, you have great taste. Ronald Joyce dresses are lovely. The first one isn't too big and is quite simple but the sleeves make it a little different and its really very lovely! Don't worry about going for big! I didn't ave a clue what I wanted when I started looking but was worried about it being to heavy as I have a slight frame. Didn't want to much 'bling' either. I have ended up with a MASSIVE train and being the clown I am I have images of tripping over it or my daughter stepping on it and we falling over!! When you go shopping make sure you try lots of different styles on as you'll be surprised what suits you. Thats the best advice I got. The lady in the shop persuaded me to try a cople on I really didn't like the look of and they looked fab on!

Kepp feeding your h2b with what your dress looks like and then he'll be really surprised (nicely hopefully!!) on the day by how beautiful you are :lol: I've done this with my h2b - I told him its like a meringue and he won't be able to get anywhere near me! The look on his face was priceless!! :lol: :) xxx

7. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Ha ha!! I love it!!! Least he will be happily supprised on the day then!!!
    I have visions of walking on the grass for photos at the reception and getting my heel caught in the mud and then tripping and being all grass stained and ripped!!! Or falling in heels... I can fall over in flats!! hmm!!

I need to arrange to get my mum up here to go dress shopping!! Even tho I hate trying things on...im actually looking forward to when I finally get round to going dress shopping!!! :)

xxxxxx

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010
  8. MrsMoo2Be

vhc

they're all gorgeous!

yo uhave to go with what suits you best though! my choice out of the three would be the middle one, as i've got big hips and too much detail around my hips looks a bit odd :)

vhc, Jun 23, 2010
  9. MrsMoo2Be

ilovepink1984

Def go with what suits you best like vhc says. Draw attention to your best feature. I too have big hips so deliberately made sure they weren't made to look bigger or have any attention drawn to them!

God, I hadn't thought about falling over on the grass! This is bound to happen to me now! We are getting married in a school and there is a long walk from the school building to the chapel over grass - yikes!! I too can fall over in flat so need a pair of low heels.

I think its fear of the unknown when it comes to wedding dress shopping. I'm quite shy and hate being the centre of attention so was dreading standing in front s people in dresses and somebody helping me inot them but once you get going its so fun! By the end I was strutting around the shop! Kept my dress on for an hour whilst the BMs tryed theirs on and felt so right and comfortable and didn't want to take it off!

10. MrsMoo2Be

Becky

Wow they are all gorgeous! The second one gets my vote, although I'll go with what's already been said - it depends on what suits you and what you like best! :)

Becky, Jun 23, 2010
  11. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMay2011

As I looked at each one of those pics I thought YES! That one!....and then clicked on the next one and thought the same. ha!

My BM was a Godsend when dress shopping. She'd been married the year before and basically went in and said "Right, try on a strapless one, one with straps, a blingy one, a plain one, a slinky one, a merangue one, tulle, satin, taffeta, lace etc etc".
    It very quickly became apparant what suited me best (and of course it wasn't what I expected!), and, importantly, what to avoid by a country mile!!
    And, if the assistant is any good she'll then go "do you mind if I pick some out for you to try on", and every single one she picked out was s.t.u.n.n.i.n.g. If they know their stuff they'll take one look at your figure and pick out the best style(s) for you.

I was initially apprehensiveabout the whole dress shopping thing, my figure is ok, not amazing, somewhat blobby round the middle, but I wasn't prepared for what a well cut dress could do for your figure - you're going to LOVE dress shopping!:)

MrsMay2011, Jun 23, 2010
  12. MrsMoo2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Wow they are all gorgeous!!! I couldn't decide! You will LOVE dress shopping. I tried on quite a few & didn't even try on the one that I origianlly went to see! Have chosen something completely different to what I thought I would go for! It has a ruffled skirt & I used to see them in shop windows & think they looked horrible but when it was on it looked gorgeous! Like MrsMay said a well cut dress looks amazing! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 23, 2010
  13. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Im actually feeling excited about dresses now!!! where as before it was back of the mind!!! Cant wait to go and try loads on now!!!! Yes the ones I have picked out prob wont look right and I will hate on......and something I wouldnt of looked at would suit... exactly like you say it is whats suits .... so bring on the trying on wooooooo!!!! xxxx

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 23, 2010
  14. MrsMoo2Be

vhc

that's why my dress is green :D :) :D

vhc, Jun 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question