Favours For Top Table .

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by winter ash, May 14, 2012.

1. winter ash

winter ash

Hi

Im just a little confused and require help and advice?

Ive seen lots and lots of ideas on favours i.e Rachetti's, bags , boxes etc, my most favorite is the rachetti's i love them - they are a little pricey though.so they would be perfect for women and men can have match boxes with our names and date of wedding..

As i thought everyone would be getting the same even top table - my lovly Fiance has said that top table favours NEED to be different to the rest..Do they?

If they are then i dont want to cause friction..

anybody else had this problem or any one has any ideas or advice it would be appreciated :)

thank you

winter ash, May 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. winter ash

Becky

I don't think they need to be different, but if you want to do something different that's fine! You could always personalise them in some way - maybe with a tag written with your favourite memory involving them?

Becky, May 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. winter ash

Helen

What does your fiance think you should have on the top table? I think every wedding I have been to that has given favours has given everyone the same. Are you giving presents out in the speeches to people who have helped you etc? If you are doing that then they are getting something extra anyway.

We didn't have favours or give out gifts. Noone seemed bothered or commented on the lack of favours/gifts.

Helen, May 14, 2012
  4. winter ash

winter ash

he suggested something like engraved with our names and date etc..

Im going to give my MOH a peice of jewelleryt in the morning when we are getting ready so she can wear :)

Im not sure about what he is going to do yet as he not even got his best man lol

winter ash, May 14, 2012
  5. winter ash

Helen

You could always let your fiance be in charge of the favours for the top table and let him choose :)

Helen, May 14, 2012
  6. winter ash

winter ash

No Helen i can never let him do that i would go mad and always poke my nose in lol.. i have to be in control of things.. i think i would let him choose his moms and dad also best mans but for my side of family he would so get it wrong lol

winter ash, May 15, 2012
  7. winter ash

winter ash

and besides his mom hasnt even asked about the wedding not once we put deposit down she did even bother to ring to ask if it all went ok ..

i may be a little selfish here but I wouldnt get her anything myself as she has not helped at her sons wedding not even a single bit to say if you need help or advice you know where i am.. in my eyes i wouldnt even get her a single thing but i cant have my choice it will just cause friction... dont want bad MOTHER IN LAW V DAUGHTER IN LAW fights ;) (although it would be funny )

winter ash, May 15, 2012
  8. winter ash

winter ash

I Know that they are just favours.. and to me they matter every little thing matters even down to the napkins :)

I know why im marrying him he is the perfect one for me as to why i want a perfect day :)

OOHHH she doesnt need to feel like she dare not ask to help, she as apparently been like that all that time and i dont feel its my place to ask it should be Jay or even his mom offers :)

Im on this forum to ask advice,ideas etc

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  9. winter ash

winter ash

I dont really know much about ceremonianal weddings in english culture, i have never been to one only asian weddings so share what i get told or ideas from others i just wish i knew alot more to contribute to others but i dont..

anyways its ok good luck to every one who is getting married soon and in future :)

Good bye :)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  10. winter ash

winter ash

I did not think it would cause any confusion.. and im sorry to anyone who felt that i dont contribute like i said i wish i could if i knew alot or what i was on about :)

ask me about an asian wedding and ill oraganise the lot for you lol

yes i wanted a traditional church wedding but i had to change my religion so that went out the window :( im now slowley converting from traditional to vintage comtempory style .. i would like incorporate traditional things thats why im worrid /slighlty bothered about favours i wanted to keep them traditional :)

I know its my wedding i do as i want .. but being asian and trying to have a wedding thats not your culture is diffucult and get worrid about what others may think knowing im not english ...(born and bred in UK) I would be very dis heartened..

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  11. winter ash

Becky

CRIKEY missed a lot here! :blink:

Ash, we are of course here to help you out in whatever way we can, so ask as many questions as you like :)

Becky, May 16, 2012
  12. winter ash

winter ash

:)

I sure will whilst im planning my hen do :)

you can have this no matter what religion or culture you from?? if so it seems perfect :)

60 ceremony and meal, evening 100..

Venue - £3250
    registrar -£470
    4 dresses £1200
    Invitations - £138.30
    chair company -£184.69
    photos - £350

total - £5592.69

this is not including other things

yes please and thankyou x

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  13. winter ash

Helen

I would say that traditionally favours are 5 sugared almonds and that all guests receive the same then. But if you want to do something differently then you go for it. I know it is so hard to choose things, there are so many options for everything. Your best bet is to browse loads of real life weddings and see what it is you like. Going to the wedding fairs is also a good idea, just don't feel pressured to buy things on the day.

I like the idea of the church blessing - if you really wanted a traditional feel then this is a great idea. Most churches will do that for you even if the church isn't your religion.

I know you say you like to be in control, which aspects of the wedding are important to your fiance? It is his wedding too and I'm sure he would like to help to choose things. My husband wasn't really interested in the flowers or decoration but he was interested in choosing the food, bar and location. :)

Helen, May 16, 2012
  14. winter ash

Becky

winter ash I've edited your post to make it clear the points which you are replying to :)

Becky, May 16, 2012
  15. winter ash

winter ash

Yes i have seen lots of ideas with 5 sugared almonds if you have a look at my other posts Rachetti one they are my most favourite ones but im still looking and making more ideas :)

Jason twiddles his thumbs quite alot he tells me great ideas but its left for me to do.. so its wgy i have to be in control.. he is only intrested in the wines , alcohol music lol typical bloke lol:)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  16. winter ash

winter ash

http://www.bigday.co.uk/topic/1675-more-rachettis/

I was told that these were the most traditional favours 5 sugared almond in rachetti branches :)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  17. winter ash

winter ash

Thanks just typing away whilst im at work and hoping i dont get caught lol ;)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
  18. winter ash

MrsBrown

I gave my hubby jobs... He planned the honeymoon! Ok one job.. He was meant to sort suits but wasn't very organised ha ha!

MrsBrown, May 16, 2012
  19. winter ash

winter ash

Oh thats one thing he is to do on his own is the suits but he cant do anything till i sort my MOH of hounour colour out 1st as that will be the block colour that his waistcoat and cravat will be so in a way im holding up :)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question