Family Coming Over From New Zealand!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Fantastic news! My Auntie, Uncle and cousin are coming over from New Zealand for the wedding! Was not really expecting them to come over as my cousin's 19 and doing exams at uni, and it will cost them around £1000 each just on flights, which will not be much less than we're spending on the whole wedding! Feels so great that they've gone to this expense ti be with us on our big day! They're not coming over entirely for the wedding, but are coming over for a month and will go around the UK visiting friends and family (they come from the Midlands, and have lived in Rye, Hastings and Scarborough, so have family and friends all over the place!) but have chosen when to come around our wedding, which has touched me so much.

They will arrive on the Wednesday before the wedding, so wont expect them to be up to a lot before the day with the jet lag, etc, but definitely would like to see them for a proper catch up after the wedding before the honeymoon if possible (I will chat with them at the wedding but it will be so awkward to sit with them for a long time when mingling with everyone else).

MrsGroves2B, Apr 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky

That's brilliant news, you must be over the moon! :D

Becky, Apr 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I am, we have two families that we have invited who live abroad (my family in New Zealand and two people in America- H2B's Auntie and cousin) and they're all coming over! Chris' family come over every couple of years, so although I'm so happy they can make it over too I can't help but feel biased about my family as they moved there in 2003 and have been over once since they moved, so can't make it as regular as H2B's family.

It also means that I get to see all my family together for what is probably the first time. I've had no one who is family tell us they can't make it to the wedding and I only have a small family as it is, so on cloud nine really! xx

4. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Aw that is so great! So does this mean that the BM problem is sorted now?

Becky, Apr 22, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Not really, the dress wont fit her, looking at the dress and photos of her both me and Mom have said it wont fit, but the BM that's pregnant may still be an issue, we can't get it altered but her fiance told my partner he knows somewhere that can do them cheap, and he'll pay, so we went round to break the news that she couldn't be BM, my H2B and BM's fiance went for a walk to the shop over the road, she'd had a big bust up with her parents, so couldn't say anything, and then he tells H2B all this about the dress! Want to tell her by Friday as its the Hen night and want her to know before everyone sees her, but now I can't do it without looking like I haven't tried whoever this person is that BM's fiance has said! xx

6. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Oh that's frustrating, best she finds out from you though :( hope it goes well!

Becky, Apr 23, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you, hope so too xx

MrsGroves2B, Apr 23, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Well, fingers crossed the three members of family from New Zealand still arrive. The week before last my Mom called me to say that my Auntie had been in hospital over there with pneumonia. She's home now, but off work. She asked about whether she will be able to fly and they said she had 4 weeks to recover so hopefully she can, but it depends on how quickly she recovers.

Whatever happens my Uncle and Cousin are still planning on coming over- my Auntie said she wouldn't want to stop them from travelling over. Just hope she is well enough to travel.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question