ExcitedMrsH2b wedding report

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by ExcitedMrsH2b, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ExcitedMrsH2b

ExcitedMrsH2b

Hi all,

Thanks for all your good wishes!
    Well, what a perfect day it turned out to be! :D

We were so lucky with the weather too - the Mon-Weds before it was tropical heat - 29 degrees C, on the day before it was torrential rain and very dark all day, yet on our big day, we were blessed for it still to be 23 degrees, with sun and some cloud to cool it a tiny bit. We sure were counting our blessings!

The service was indeed very special, and our choir did wonderfully. It was lovely that we had a personal connection with them too - it felt so genuine and real. Lots of our other guests were completely blown away by the 'personal' service and the beautiful singing, and lots have said that they will always remember it as being truly wonderful. I know I will.

There was so much 'love in the room' all day, that the whole special day will stay with me forever.

Our reception turned out well too. All the speeches went off well, even Hubby's, which he was SOOO nervous about. (I was really proud when my shy and reserved groom batted back a heckler with such natural style!) My sisters did a speech too, which involved inflatable guitars and saxophones - selected guests just jumped up to a musical cue and started rocking out....so funny and quite touching - We ARE family!

We had a 6 piece Party band who were excellent and kept the dance floor filled the whole night long. We had such a good time that we were one of the last couples to leave.

I was so comfy and felt like a Princess in my dress that I didn't take it off until we went to bed at 1.45 - and this from someone who generally 'doesn't do dresses'! I was pleased that I'd chosen the right dress which was just me. Now, just to get it cleaned and boxed to be treasured forever.

We had a lovely honeymoon in Bali too. Hubby had never flown before, but after 2 stops and 34 hours travelling on the way there, he had well and truly cut his flying teeth! I would recommend Bali to anyone - just try and get a flight to Singapore or Hong Kong so you only have to do one stop - 9 hours waiting in Doha transfers lounge is not fun. Things to do when in Bali - ride an elephant, hold an orangutan, visit Monkey Forest in Ubud, barter in the markets in Ubud, whitewater raft down Telaga Waja river (and a sheer drop of a 4m dam), see some temples, dive the USS Liberty in Tulamben......you get the gist!

We've been home for a couple of weeks now, and we've been back to work...Boo! We've ordered our thank you cards using photos that people have taken from the day, as we have yet to get our 'official' ones. I'm trying not to think back too much to the wonderful day we had, as I miss it, and am sad about the thought that it went so quickly and will never be able to do it again. :( But, as soon as I have the thank you cards, I'm gonna get busy and grateful for all our lovely friends and family sharing it with us (we were so lucky, and once I start writing I tend to write essays - as you can tell - so it's gonna take me a while!!)

Thank you all for your ideas, advice and very kind words too. I think calling myself Mrs H will take a bit of getting used to, but I've a feeling that when I do, it will feel like a pair of comfy slippers :rolleyes:
    Best wishes to you all x Mrs H x

ExcitedMrsH2b, Sep 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. ExcitedMrsH2b

Becky

Congratulations!! :D

I hope you don't mind, but I split your post out of the hymns topic :)

Thanks so much for telling us about it - we'd love to see some pictures when you get them. You have made me really want to visit Bali now - it sounds amazing!! Good on your husband for going all that way when he's never flown before too!

Becky, Sep 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. ExcitedMrsH2b

Helen

Fantastic! It sounds like you had an amazing day and a fabulous honeymoon.

I bet you are excited about getting your pro pictures back. I would say go for it with the thank you letter writing, I did all of ours the weekend after, if you leave it any longer it gets a nightmare to do! (Although I see that my husband still hasn't delieverd a huge pile of his nearly 3 months on... Must give him a kick haha)

Helen, Sep 8, 2011
  4. ExcitedMrsH2b

MrsMay2011

MrsH, great wedding report, you obviously had a wonderful day, like sound of the speeches with inflatable guitars! Any pics? :)

Helen I'm so glad you've still got thank yous still to post, weve still got a few floating around still to post!

MrsMay2011, Sep 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question