Evening Buffets

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by nikster1987, Apr 24, 2014.

1. nikster1987

nikster1987

Hi guys!

I've been thinking about asking family and friends to help me do our own wedding buffet catering. I wanted to do this because theres some foods that I'd love to have, but probably won't be able to have on the buffet if I hire a caterer. My mum doesn't think this is a good idea. She said she would be happy to help and even though both me and my H2B are trained chefs she wouldn't suggest us doing it as its too much for us to do.

Anyone else thought about doing this or if you can request certain items to be added to buffets from caterers?

Thanks.

nikster1987, Apr 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. nikster1987

Becky Administrator

Is it the kind of stuff that could be prepared in advance, or does it need to be done very close to the time? I was a very chilled bride, but the day before the wedding and the morning preparations were very busy and stressful! That being said, there's no reason it can't be done with good planning, but it would be a good idea to check all your options first. Might be worth speaking to a caterer to see if they can accommodate your request - I think there are quite a few out there who would take requests :)

Becky, Apr 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. nikster1987

JohnyGrey

If your mom wants you to do that than do it ,but if you are inviting too many guests in your wedding than its not possible to cook at that time in this case you can do two things that you can make this dish in advance or you can ask your catere to add this dish in your menu...These are the only posibilities that you can do.

JohnyGrey, Apr 28, 2014
  4. nikster1987

nikster1987

There is one specific thing I'd love to add to our buffet Becky and its a cake ordered from a lovely little tea rooms in Newquay, Cornwall. We love the place and the cake is amazing! I'll get in touch and ask caterers if they would allow it. Thank you!

Also, JohnyGrey, I think my mom would be happy to help but she would prefer not to do it because of it being my wedding day. She's already getting excited as I'm the oldest child of three and would be the first to get married.

nikster1987, Apr 29, 2014
  5. nikster1987

Jillian

I thought about doing our own buffet but decided against it. For what money I would have saved, it was going to be a pain in the butt trying to get someone there to make sure that food was warmed through and it was just as easy to pay a bit more and have the caterer do it.

Jillian, Jul 18, 2014
  6. nikster1987

beth1978

You could ask what everyones culinary speciality and go with which are appropriate, I would love to asked to bake/cook for someones big-day!

beth1978, Aug 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question