Etsy.com

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Amymel86, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Amymel86

Amymel86

I don't know if anyone on here has heard of Etsy.com before but I think it is brilliant! It's basically like ebay (but without the bidding) where EVERYTHING on there is either handmade or genuine vintage. They have some really unique items and you can see all of the maker's feedback good and bad to help you make up your mind. It is an american site so alot of the makers are based in the states so you will have to check P&P prices but I love it!!!! There is a similar site which is UK based called Folksy.com (or .co.uk - I can never remember!) but there aren't as many items for sale as it is not as big as Etsy. Just having a look in my lunchbreak and found this.......

[​IMG]

I think it is stunning! and only around £27 for all the butterflies. I prob won't go for the multi-colour effect myself but it's still very pretty!!

Anywho just thought I should spread the word as I am a bit addicted to this site at the mo' !! :)

Amymel86, Dec 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Amymel86

Becky

I love Etsy! I could quite happily spend hours looking through all their stuff online - I've just been looking at cake toppers and they are so gorgeous!

Have you bought anything for your wedding from there? Those butterflies are so pretty - it makes a simple cake look expensive! :)

Becky, Dec 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Amymel86

airy_fairy

wow!!! they are incredible!!!!

airy_fairy, Dec 3, 2010
  4. Amymel86

Amymel86

I know, I love all the lttle birdie cake toppers as well. I have bought the necklaces below for my bridesmaids. I liked them because they were simple but when I got them I thought that perhaps I should get them something else as well because they didn't look like much on their own. Might get them some new make up or something?? Necklaces were a bargain though, £6 each (plus P&P).

[​IMG]

Amymel86, Dec 3, 2010
  5. Amymel86

Anon_SA

I totally want this!!!

[​IMG]

Anon_SA, Dec 3, 2010
  6. Amymel86

Becky

That necklace is so pretty! I love it's simplicity :)

Salma - that garter would go extremely well with your dress, you have to get it!! :)

Becky, Dec 3, 2010
  7. Amymel86

poppleminster

I love Etsy. Don't forget that if you want something specific made you can use the alchemy section, put up pics of examples of what you want and people bid to make it for you. You can see their previous work etc and choose who you want to complete the work. I did this recently with a dragon I wanted made for Popple like the one on How to Train Your Dragon. It's an awesome idea.

poppleminster, Dec 3, 2010
  8. Amymel86

Rustysgirl

Oooh love the cake and the garter! They're gorgeous!!! Thats funny I just came across this thread because after moving to the US I have set up my own bridal jewelry business and created an Etsy shop too recently (I just posted a thread about it in wedding fashion). They really do have some beautiful things on there!!!

Rustysgirl, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question