Entrance Music

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by airy_fairy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. airy_fairy

airy_fairy

Hum. I'm struggling to come up with music for my entrance and I am really really torn between two camps.

1) happy bouncy - be young, be foolish, be happy or accidentaly in love or something a long those lines, I'm a very happy rocker chick generally and I had thought that i'd like to go down the aisle to something that people would recognise as 'me'

2) something a little more relaxed, i really love falling by Kate Rusby http://www.youtube.c...feature=related also love her version of you belong to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP6us-ZeiSk&feature=related. I will be be being walked down the aisle by my dad and we both love Kate Rusby. they both feel more traditionally weddingy... but then when can i get in my happy rock?

help please!

airy_fairy, Nov 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. airy_fairy

MrsBrown

Hi what are you having to come out to? Could you have something more weddingy to go
    Into and rocky to come out to? Or signing the register? I can't listen to your music as it's 3am and I am using the Ipod in bed ( can't sleep!) but I think
    If both you and your dad like it then that is a great choice and still you.

MrsBrown, Nov 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. airy_fairy

Frogbitch

Out of the two you've posted I prefer the second, only because everyone should recognise it, but if you pick either, don't start walking down the aisle until the vocals start or you'll miss too much of the song.
    I'm all for having something a bit unusual. Did you have any rock tracks in mind?

Frogbitch, Nov 27, 2010
  4. airy_fairy

poppleminster

I'm totally stuck for music. I'm beginning to think it's not a good idea to even let me choose as the overgrown goth in me wants The Cure and I just know that wont go down well.

I'd say you could have the romantic one for your dad walking you down the aisle as it's the key emotional moment and maybe something happy rock chic at signing of register and again at the end as that is when everyone is all happy and fluffy and generally more upbeat rather than plain emotional. Does that make any sense?

poppleminster, Nov 27, 2010
  5. airy_fairy

Frogbitch

Popple, I seriously considered "Friday I'm in Love" as one of my songs.

Frogbitch, Nov 27, 2010
  6. airy_fairy

poppleminster

Yay :D I love the tune to Lullaby!

poppleminster, Nov 27, 2010
  7. airy_fairy

airy_fairy

Thanks ladies! I'm thinking you belong to me for the entry music, it's very romantic :D Will is going to be choosing the 'leaving music' and we don't have a register as it's a humanist ceremony. we were going to keep the music a secret from each other til the day... but maybe i should have an independant adjudicator to make sure the songs 'go'.

we were going to the chili peppers hard to concentrate as our first dance... but I think i might have gone off it a bit. argh, it's so confusing!

as for happy rock songs that i love - ranges from accidentaly in love by the counting crows (not particularily rocky bt plenty of guitar :lol: ) to thunderstruck by ACDC... all suggestions and contributions gratefully recieved!

airy_fairy, Nov 27, 2010
  8. airy_fairy

Becky

I agree with the other comments - I really like the sound of a romantic song to walk down the aisle to and then a more upbeat one to leave :)

I hope it all works out ok and goes together - as you say, an independent adjudicator might be a good plan!

Becky, Nov 27, 2010
  9. airy_fairy

muckypaws

It's so hard to pick! I would go for what means the most to you both... If it helps that your not on your own I'm having the theme to star trek in the theme to bt ad in-between allie moss corner.... Something rocky on way out (we cant decide) and for first dance ... The muse version of to good to be true .... All song mean alot to us and no one else ... I'm sure star trek will have them giggling in the aisle lol you just pick what feels good to you :)

muckypaws, Nov 29, 2010
  10. airy_fairy

Sez

I'm toying with the idea of Adele's "make you feel my love"... although that song nearly makes me cry when i normally hear it so i might just be a big mess waiting to happen! I like the bob dylan version but Adele's is beautiful!

Sez, Jan 12, 2011
  11. airy_fairy

Becky

I agree Sez, she has got such a beautiful soulful voice :)

Becky, Jan 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question