Dress Wobbles

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by bridetobe200910, May 10, 2010.

1. bridetobe200910

bridetobe200910

I am getting married in September and found my dress in the first shop I visited. My Mum and I fell in love with it but now I am getting wobbles. I cannot add any photos as my pictures are all too big and I do not know how to change this.

It seems to big on the top although it seemed to fit perfectly and when I looked at it more closely last night there is no way of them taking it on because of crystals etc. Does anyone know if they can still take things in despite this please. As it is strapless it has to fit well!

I see everyone else's dresses and I can't help worrying that when I go back in July (which is so far away) for my first fitting I am going to be disapppointed. But I loved it when I tried it on and I love looking at it - it looks beautiful on the hanger.

Why am I worrying so much and should I see if I can get an earlier fitting appointment to stop the panic. The only thing is I have planned a big day with Mum and MIL to go for the fitting and a champagne lunch in Manchester.

Is anyone else feeling the panic!

bridetobe200910, May 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. bridetobe200910

vhc

if you upload your pictures from somewhere like photobucket, this site automatically resizes it.

I would like to see what you mean about it being too big in the top...

In theory, the bridal shop will be able to alter any dress to fit you.

vhc, May 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. bridetobe200910

fall3n-ang3l

i think 90% or even more of brides feel like this,iam having wobbles about my dress that its just so plain and simple and there is some gorgeous dresses on the dress thread,i think we have to keep in our heads on the way it made us feel when we first tried the dress on

sarah

fall3n-ang3l, May 10, 2010
  4. bridetobe200910

Mrs G-2-B

Hi hun,

I feel exactly the same with the dress wobbles and I still have just under a year to go yet!

Its such a horrible feeling isn’t it, But like what Sarah said you have to try and remember that feeling that you had which made you choose it in the first place! And trust yourself as you wouldn’t have picked it if it wasn’t what you wanted.

With regards to the crystals and beading any good bridal shop will still be able to take this in for you so don’t you worry about that’s the skills you are paying them for.

A friend of mine had a dress with lots of beautiful beading and crystals on it and when they took it in they removed each of the crystals individually and re positioned them in exactly the same way one the alterations where done, you would never have know any different!

I would keep your appointment as it is and enjoy the day when it comes around, I’m sure it will be absolutely fine xx

Mrs G-2-B, May 10, 2010
  5. bridetobe200910

Jaybabes

I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one.

I to am getting married in ~September so have to have my initial fitting in July and I've been back to see the dress since choosing it so I could show my Mum and I just thought Oh... I'm not so sure any more.

Like you it was teh first dress I laid eyes on and I just loved it, nothing else I looked at compared at the time but now I'm seeing so many dresses that I like and I just think 'what have I done' [​IMG]

Jaybabes, May 10, 2010
  6. bridetobe200910

gozzle

Don't worry, they wouldn't let you buy anything that won't fit right :rolleyes:. If you can get some pics on here via the gallery or photobucket we can have a look too, just to put your mind at rest [​IMG] .

Welcome to the forums Jaybabes! Stick a pic on here so we can have a look, I bet it's gorgeous! :huh:

gozzle, May 10, 2010
  7. bridetobe200910

Jaybabes

Thanks for the welcome [​IMG]

I don't have any pics of it and its still in the bridal shop in storage, meant to take pics when I took my Mum to see it but completely forgot and got caught up in the moment lol.

Jaybabes, May 10, 2010
  8. bridetobe200910

bridetobe200910

Thank you for all your comments particularly about the alterations. I am glad it is not just me. I am just a bit of a control freak and whilst pretty much everything else is organised - this is the one thing I cannot do on my own and July seems like such a long time away.

bridetobe200910, May 10, 2010
  9. bridetobe200910

MrsApplen2be

I have constant wobbles so your not alone and there is beading on the top of my dress and a sweetheart neckline and my dress is too big for me on the bust area and they said they would take that in the last time so no need to worry. They alter it to fit you xx

MrsApplen2be, May 11, 2010
  10. bridetobe200910

bridetobe200910

Thank you - it is nice to know you are not alone.
    I just saw your wedding date - it is so close - how are you doing - are you organised?
    What sort of wedding are you having?
    I am so obsessed with weddings it is ridiculous - I just love looking at photos even though pretty much everything of mine is organised so it is only to look.

My Mum is coming back to visit on Friday so I think I will try it on again and see if I can get some photos and upload them.

bridetobe200910, May 11, 2010
  11. bridetobe200910

Becky

If you still have trouble uploading them let me know and I'll give you a hand [​IMG]

Becky, May 12, 2010
  12. bridetobe200910

Rustysgirl

Please put your pic up, or a link even if you don't know how to. Its really hard to give advice without seeing. But you talk about crystals... my dress is Alfred Angelo's 1136 which is completely covered with crystals, sequins and beads all over the bodice and initially I was going to have the neckline made into a deeper sweetheart shape. I had two seamstresses tell me that it was definitely possible, but it would have been expensive - they quoted me £75 just for that! I decided in the end that it wasn't worth it and I like it as it is so didn't do it, but it can be done.

Rustysgirl, May 12, 2010
  13. bridetobe200910

vhc

I'm sure you've got absolutely nothing to worry about! The bridal shops are professionals: they've done it millions of times [​IMG]

it could be worse: i'm not looking forward to walking down the aisle in mine - what if everybody laughs at my crap sewing and go "oh my god, it doesn't even fit properly!"
    at least you've got someone who knows what they're doing on your dress! [​IMG]

vhc, May 12, 2010
  14. bridetobe200910

MrsApplen2be

The closer it gets the scarier I find it lol. Umm nearly organised still need to sort out the little bits like favours (but im making them myself) and flowers (also making them with help of a friend) so all that is closer to the day. Had a phone call to arrange my dress fittings today and finally ordered myself some shoes as you need them for your fitting apparently lol.

Type of wedding - started off small and informal meaning to be a late wedding into the evening. Has turned into something so much more and am now having trouble with food choices we decided on with the venue all getting bit stressful and annoying. x

MrsApplen2be, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question