Dress Jitters!

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MissW, Sep 14, 2016.

1. MissW

MissW

Did any of you worry if you had chosen the right dress even after falling completely in love with it when you tried it on?

I visited 4 local wedding dress shops and must have tried on almost 30 dresses before finding 'the one'. It is a gorgeous lace Maggie Sottero fit and flair with full length illusion sleeves (something I hated before trying it on!) and has everything I hoped for! To start with of course I was very exited and thought I had found the perfect dress, my mum and my sisters loved it also. In fact i loved the dress so much that me and my hubby to be decided to stop trying to conceive for a while to ensure I could wear it as it is one of those you just could not pull off with a pre/post baby belly (considering we had a miscarriage over xmas and have been ttc desperately for the last 10 months). However after looking at certain things online my mind started to wonder and I'm now worried if I have chosen the right dress for my shape, something I didn't even consider before! I am a slim and petite inverted triangle body shape, fairly flat chested and not much of a rump. My lovely family keep telling me that I/my shape look good in anything (of course they would, they are family) but I am worried that even though I found the dress flattering at the time, it may highlight the fact that I have narrow hips in comparison to my shoulders and a small backside, rather than making me seem more like the desired hour glass. I think it would help if I had pictures of myself wearing it so that I could reassure myself but at the moment I am scared of looking silly in front of my in-laws to be and regretting my decision! :(
    Did any of you have similar worries and everything turn out just fine, or maybe you picked a different dress in the end? x

MissW, Sep 14, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. MissW

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :)

I have broad shoulders too, so I avoided strapless entirely and only looked at dresses with thick straps (ie more then 3cm). It breaks up the line of your shoulders and disguises the fact that it's broad - might be worth looking into as you would probably be able to find something that has the same fit and flare silhouette but is flattering on the top too :)

Which dress have you currently got your eye on (the one with the sleeves)?

Also worth remembering that if your shoulders are something you don't like, you probably notice them far more than anyone else would! You'll probably find that it's just you, and no-one else even notices. That being said, you need to be happy with what you wear.

Becky, Sep 15, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question