Dress Fitting Countdown....

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by MrsC2Be, May 31, 2012.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

This Saturday is 5 weeks til my first dress fitting. I'd like to be at some sort of feeling a bit less chubby weight by then, so am aiming for losing 10lbs from where I am now.

I've already lost half a stone, but because it was fairly easy and I was motivated, I've now lost all focus completely and obviously it's not working!

That 10lbs takes me just under what I was when I first ordered my dress and when I tried it on then it looked good. Fingers crossed!

MrsC2Be, May 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Off to the gym later. Maybe.

MrsC2Be, May 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

Becky

You can do it! :) Are you still doing slimming world?

Becky, May 31, 2012
  4. MrsC2Be

iPrincess26

You can do it - the gym is a good idea, i'm trying to get back my motivation for the gym as I have been slacking recently and need to get going if i'm going to be rid of my sticks by next May! I find getting there is the hardest and I enjoy it once I get there!

Try using the fitting as motivation, but don't over do it, the trainers at my gym are always reminding me that rest days are just as important as work out - however that only works if you do the workout days too!

Good luck and i'm sure you will manage!!

:)

iPrincess26, May 31, 2012
  5. MrsC2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

You just reminded me to ring the gym creche and book Abi so i can workout.

5 weeks is plenty of time. You can do it

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 31, 2012
  6. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I ended up not joining - my friend wanted us both to go, but actually it's quite expensive when I already pay for a gym membership each month. I basically need to just be a bit more careful about what I'm eating (portion control not my strong suit!) and make sure I justify gym membership by actually going. Good old total fitness.

Just had amazing fat free frozen yoghurt piled up with fruit for lunch though, this place has moved directly across the road from one of our shops - guilt free treat :D

MrsC2Be, May 31, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  7. MrsC2Be

C_Getty29

Can I stick the male point of view in here? (Please don't kill me!) I completely understand that you want to look your best on your wedding day, most grooms want to look their best as well, but the groom will not be mortally offended if you are not stick thin on your wedding day. We didn't fall in love with a stick thin waif in most cases, so we do not want a stick thin waif walking down the aisle to meet us. It is a misconception that irritates me that guys expect their bride to lose weight before the wedding. We don't!

That said, best of luck to you. If you have set your target because that is the weight you want to be then I really do wish you luck. I know that if you feel happy with yourself then you will look happy. I really really wish you all the best :)

C_Getty29, May 31, 2012
    winter ash, poppleminster and Helen like this.
  8. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Hahaha I wouldn't kill you. I totally agree in fact - I know Neil loves me and thinks I look great as I am and the only person I want to lose weight for is myself. I feel better and generally less lethergic and more alert when I get enough exercise and eat properly and the losing weight bit goes hand in hand with that.

I don't have the potential to be a stick thin waif, nor would I want to be. I like eating too much for that :D

MrsC2Be, Jun 1, 2012
    soontobeGray likes this.
  9. MrsC2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

I have been a stick thin waif American size 0 it was not nice, i feel much better being a uk size 10. So much more energy and i am less moody. Gareth has seen me the size of house when pregnant on Abi so i know he loves me no matter what size i am.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 1, 2012
  10. MrsC2Be

Becky

All hail frozen yogurt! :D I discovered Frurt the other day - I had a Pina Colada one topped with pineapple, YUM!

Becky, Jun 2, 2012
    MrsT_2be likes this.
  11. MrsC2Be

Helen

Have you seen Ben & Jerry now do frozen yoghurt versions of some of their flavours? Still quite heavy on the calorie side but nowhere near as bad as before...

Anyway! I'm sure you will be fine :)

Helen, Jun 11, 2012
  12. MrsC2Be

ElmoGrace

The frozen yoghurt version of Phish Food is the most amazing thing ever!!! It just had to be said.

If you are determined then you manage it, but even if you make the changes to exercise more and don't loose the few pounds you'll still feel and look amazing on the day!!

ElmoGrace, Jun 12, 2012
  13. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Well by the time I get home tonight I'll have been to the gym 5 times in 8 days - not bad!

MrsC2Be, Jun 12, 2012
  14. MrsC2Be

MrsT_2be

Carte Dor light vanilla ice cream.. only 70 calories in 2 scoops!! ;) fabulous!

MrsT_2be, Jun 23, 2012
  15. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

So there's 10 days to go. I've lost 4 pounds of the further 10 I wanted to lose.

Not great numbers wise, but I've been going to the gym loads and eating a lot better, so I feel the best I have in ages and I'm sleeping better as a result :)

MrsC2Be, Jun 26, 2012
  16. MrsC2Be

Becky

I'm glad to hear you are reaping the benefits of all your hard work! :)

Becky, Jun 26, 2012
  17. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Had a phone call from dress shop this morning. Thought it odd at the time as was earlyish, so before they open. Tried to phone back but been solidly engaged for an hour. They eventually phoned me again - turns out the owner who does alterations, fittings etc was rushed to hospital last night so have had to rearrange my fitting on Saturday. My Mum saw her in doctors the other day and said she didn't look very well when she went in to collect my veil and stuff for hair trial.

Obviously I hope she's ok and it can't be helped, but bad timing! My Mum took day off to come with me and won't be able to make the other one. And booked my hair trial immediately before so could see the semi finished article.

MrsC2Be, Jul 5, 2012
  18. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

Oh no... Like you say can't be helped.. Hope she is ok. An excuse for another hair trail????? ;)

tbh not seeing the finished thing was quite nice, like a surprise, something just saved for the big day!

Hope you get another date soon

MrsBrown, Jul 6, 2012
  19. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I've rearranged for a couple of weeks time - hopefully she's better by then (she has a little boy at home, so I hope so). Thing is my Mum now can't come so think she's a bit bummed about that.

MrsC2Be, Jul 6, 2012
  20. MrsC2Be

iPrincess26

Oh no - I hope she gets better soon, such a shame your mum won't be able to make the rearranged fitting but it will be a wonderful surprise for her to see it all on the day!

Probably not much consolation at the moment though, sorry.

iPrincess26, Jul 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question