Dream Big Budget Big Day

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

I thought it would be fun to dream, and spend lots of money in our minds!! What would you change about your wedding if money was no object?

I'll get the ball rolling... If money really was no object, and I completely lost my sense of the overpriced, I would have...

The same dress and accessories, but maybe an incredible pair of sapphire & diamond earrings
    Free guest accommodation and travel
    Free bar all night!
    Free shopping trips for guest outfits
    My maids can pick whatever dress they like (as long as it's dark blue!)
    An aston martin to ride in (and keep afterwards)
    Diamond stud earrings as favours for women
    A nice watch as a favour for all the men

... I could quite easily get carried away! :)

Becky, Jun 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

MrsBrown

ermmmmmm If money was no object....

I would pay for guests accomodation too (and for night before.... to remove the stress of them arriving on time (but oh I dont care about that!!)
    I would get the men brand new made to measure suits
    Id have shoes made for me
    More diamonds for me and some for bridesmaids
    Id take 6 months off work to plan it all and 6 months afterwards for the dream honeymoon (and for H2b too)
    I'd hire a jazz band to play in the gardens and ceremony rather than a cd player

other than that not much really.. id still get married at our venue as love it!!

MrsBrown, Jun 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

poppleminster

ooooh fun!

I'd also do accommodation for everyone and arrange a lovely present for them to find on their beds that reminds me of them.
    Gorgeous cars for all guests to the venue and back to the hotel so they can drink and arrive in style.
    something awesomely pecial for my groom
    honeymoon in the maldives
    Corsages and buttonholes for everyone
    big boxes for each child full of goodies and a mini petting farm visit
    lots and lots and more lots of flowers and ivy to trail down the spiral staircase
    a simple diamond necklace and earring for me and matching ones for the bridesmaids and simple diamond and platimun cuffs for the boys
    another diamond necklace for my MIL along with a free budget to spend on her outfit and shoes
    hen / stag weekend in posh spa place followed by a day of hardcore roleplaying at an awesome site
    pay someone to do the exact food I want and serve it
    a marquee with those twinkly lights inside when it gets dark and big round tables with antique book centrepieces and all themed and coloure co-ordinated flowers and accessories
    waitresses and waiters dresed in 1940's tearoom uniforms
    a live band
    to buy all the bit I want and antique clasps for my invites but design myself and pay someone else to make them
    pink champagne and proper devon scrumpy on tap
    toastmaster
    chair covers with satin crystal encrusted sashes to match my dress
    oh how I could go on...

poppleminster, Jun 29, 2010
  4. Becky

May2010bride

Money no object.....

New husband :)

I joke...Wedding on a Pirate ship, everyone has to dress up!!!!!

May2010bride, Jun 30, 2010
  5. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

i dont think i would change much,i very lucky that i have been able to get every thing i want for a lot less by shopping around.
    More money would not get my dream reception venue because they have stopped doing weddings[​IMG]. Maybe i would get someone to drive us to our honeymoon destination (we are staying in the uk), but other than that a free all night bar is all i would change.
    I would want to make the bit and bobs still to make the day more special and personal.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 30, 2010
  6. Becky

ilovepink1984

Interesting topic! This is a hard one. We have a limited budget due to only one of us working and having 2 small children and rent to pay! Luckily my parents have given us half the budget AND are happy to not have a say in our decisions even though they have been so generous - this doesn't mean I don't welcome their opinion though, I'm so indecisive about everything that I'm constantly ringing my mum to ask her what she thinks!! We are very close and SO similar though and our ideas almost always are the same!! Like Dani, I wouldn't change a lot of the things about our wedding. It's small, simple and (hopefully!!) elegant which is what we want and I have managed to get some bargains in places - such as invites better than half price, cheap ebay shoes, a family friend making the cake almost for free now, BMS are paying for their own dresses, hair, soes, and jewellery (I LOVE THEM!!), rather than canapes at £5 a head at the venue the school where we are getting married are doing it for FREE with tea and coffee saving us £300!- which means we have been able to spend more on other areas such as the flowers, car, having a sweet table.

Of course, if money was NO object there are always things you dream about that would be amazing to do/have!!

I would keep the same dress as I love it sooooo much but I would def splash out on some amazing designer shoes - CLs, Choos etc.
    Gorgeous jewellery for me and the BMs and nice gifts for the groom and his men
    As above - free accomodation and bar for the guests so they can all relax and enjoy themselves without worrying about work, transport, money etc
    A creche/childminders - or something along those lines - for people with children so that they can all enjoy the evening without worrying about their children. Also some amazing entertainment for the kids like a magician etc etc and lots of goodies to keep them entertained.
    I would change my venue as well. I do like my venue but there are prettier and more grand ones around us that we just couldn't afford. Ours had a deal on this year as its 21 so we are getting a lot for relatively little money. The food is lovely as we have been to other functions there and the room is nice - but I always imagined something more grand in the coutry somewhere. I would love to get married in Blenheim Palace which is down the road from us - its stunning.
    We really wanted a live rock covers band to play but they were sooooo expensive and the budget wouldn't stretch unfortunately :) especially as a DJ was part of the package with our venue. We've seen them play a few times and they are fab but at £600 - thats paying for flowers and suits instead. Oh well, we can go see them play anytime we want.
    I wold also like a fantastic honeymoon - which we aren't having due to having 2 small children - somewhere exotic, or to take some time out and travel for 6 months or so - something we've both always wanted to do and we are planning on doing now after the kids leave home!!

ilovepink1984, Jun 30, 2010
  7. Becky

vhc

everyone has said basically what i would!

pay for my friend's accommodation
    wouldn't change the church, but i would have a catering company coming in to do a proper meal/hot & cold buffet
    free ice creams
    proper champagne
    lots of other drinks flowing
    invite more people (felt really guilty that i couldn't invite all of my WI)
    stay in a posh hotel the night before
    would still have the same evening venue, but would have a free bar. and balloons and bunting etc
    i would still make my own dress (it's been a long-term plan!) but i would have more resources to sort out fabric - my main dress fabric is silk, but my lining is polyester, and i would have liked more time and money to have been able to source silk lining.

a honeymoon would be nice, too. if money were no object i could get someone to cover the shop for a fortnight, but we've got to go to our vicar's induction at her new church on the following day and there's a Sittingbourne community event going on the following weekend, for which i have volunteered DF (to play the organ in the church!)

vhc, Jun 30, 2010
  8. Becky

Becky Administrator

I love what everyone is coming up with - my favourite so far is fancy dress pirate themed wedding, brilliant!! Was not expecting that one...! :lol:

I can't imagine what it must be like to have so much money that you lose your sense of value, I don't think I could actually imagine going completely over the top and just spending hundreds of thousands... however it's nice to dream about lovely things!! :eek:

Becky, Jul 1, 2010
  9. Becky

Mrsg2b2011

Oooo I think I am the same as Dani. I love the fact I have manged to get everything on a budget. However I would defo have a free bar, free accomodation & free transport for all the guests. Oh & I would have our honeymoon in Curacao which is a dutch carribean island where I went when I about 4 years ago. Infact I flew out the day after meeting Mark!!!! It is such a gorgeous island but somewhere where we will never be able to afford to go not now we have our little family :)xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 1, 2010
  10. Becky

Helen

Love the pirate wedding! :D

Funny we were talking about this the other day, Matt wanted to have a band play, GreenDay with Queen and Status Quo as the support was his choice lol :D

Helen, Jul 8, 2010
  11. Becky

iPrincess26

OOOOOh good ideas - I'd start by flying everyone we want there out to Italy, and have every bell and whistle going, although at the moment running away just the 2 of us is looking good - if it wasn't for the fact that the kids would be gutted i'd suggest it for real! (gonna take this to a new post, don't want to stop the dreaming)

iPrincess26, Jul 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question