Dogs At Weddings

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by kateg, Jul 15, 2013.

1. kateg

kateg

Hello :)

I'm new on here and was hoping for some help with an idea.

I work at a boarding kennels in Shropshire and we are looking at starting a wedding service. We would board your dog , bring him/her out to your venue for photos ( having had a bath & blow dry in the morning so that they looked fab!) and put on a bow/ribbon/bow tie that matched your colour scheme.

Is this something that wedding couples would be interested in? Would love to hear your feedback.

Many thanks, Kate

kateg, Jul 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. kateg

martinnat9

Hello! I don't have a dog ( wish I did) but i think that is a fab idea and I guess that some folks who are doggie mad and have a bit of cash to splash would definitely be up for it! That's my thoughts anyway!. Good luck. let us know if you get any interest! N x

martinnat9, Jul 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. kateg

Helen

I would think it could be a popular idea. I guess a lot of dog owners would like their pet in their photos without the hassle of having to bring them and take them home again.

We have two (working) dogs and the last thing I would want is for them to be at my wedding haha! Most people aren't like me though ;)

Helen, Jul 16, 2013
  4. kateg

AmyStuart

Great idea! I have a dog and treat him as a part of our family. Would surely use your service :)

AmyStuart, Jul 18, 2013
  5. kateg

kateg

Thank you everyone for replying - it's great to get feedback!

It does seem a very popular idea and we already have two wedding photographers wanting to work with us and share publicity. So that seems a good sign :)

Just have to convince the boss that the logistics will work out and we can really make this work and provide a fantastic service!

Thanks,

Kate x

kateg, Jul 18, 2013
  6. kateg

lauren88green

I'm getting married in 2015, I want my wedding to be unique and remember-able. I have two English Mastiff puppies and would love them to be there for the pictures! xx

lauren88green, Sep 4, 2013
  7. kateg

Vintage Auntie

I think it's a great idea, might pinch aspects of it and add it to my services, wouldn't want to do the grooming, just about brush my own dog (but he's a weimeraner so doesn't need too much fussing!)

Vintage Auntie, Sep 7, 2013
  8. kateg

Janeeee3

I want to be walked down the aisle and given away by my great Dane (my father is no longer with us).

But he'll definitely need a bath first and for sure I won't be wanting to do that on the day before my wedding.... :)

Janeeee3, Sep 24, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  9. kateg

Becky

So sorry to hear about your father :( But what a lovely idea to have your Great Dane walk you down the aisle! Do you have any photos of him?

Becky, Sep 26, 2013
  10. kateg

Becky

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :D

Becky, Sep 26, 2013
  11. kateg

TungstenAffinity

If I had a dog (I don’t currently, but plan to get one soon), I would absolutely love this service. Furry friends are becoming more and more important, even to couples who haven’t lived together before, so I would like to think that a lot of couples would feel the same way.

TungstenAffinity, Oct 9, 2013
  12. kateg

Joanna111

I think that's a fab idea, if I had a dog, I would be interested in that. I think you'll get lots of people interested in this :)

Joanna111, Nov 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question