Does Anyone Know A Good Wedding Videographer? Happy To Spend Money For The Right One!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by pilgy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. pilgy

pilgy

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and we've (finally) set a date and booked a venue for April next year! Sooooooooo exciting!;)

I've got loads of info on everyhting but I really would like my wedding day filmed - and filmed well!!! Have enough in the budget but no-one seems to know a wedding videographer and internet searches bring up so many options I don't know who to choose.

Does anyone have any advice?????

Thank You!

p.s. this was the best forum site I could find!

pilgy, Sep 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. pilgy

mrst2be

Hello! We are getting married April next year too (8th to 11th April tho actual day we get hitched is the Sunday 10th) at www.eastingtonhall.co.uk ! I have done major searching for everything as planning myself (a full time job)!

I have had many videographers send through their sample dvd's and this is the best way to do it as they do vary in style quite a lot.

I have found some that quite clearly I could have done better with (wobbly and really cheesy!) and wanted to charge thousands! (I am trying to do it on the cheap by emailing photography and videography colleges and offering for their students to film it as we have pro photogrpahers and my brother and his friend filming it too..theyre media graduates so should be good but I want to get as much coverage as poss)! However, if you have the budget for it then do google some local videographers and get them to send out their example dvd's or watch their clips online etc.

Also have a look on guides for brides or attend the national wedding shows maybe? Also try watching wedding tv (sky) as we got a few ideas of video companies by watching their programmes then looking out for who filmed the weddings on the credits at the end of the programme! Ask your pals who have got married in the last few years too!

Sorry I cant be more specific and Good luck!

mrst2be, Sep 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. pilgy

WelshBride

We had http://www.stwsh.co.uk/ We were lucky enough to book them the week before they doubled their prices! but they didnt hold that against us. We havent had our dvd back as of yet, it has only been 3wks, I know they have been very busy aswell over the summer and they travel alot.

WelshBride, Sep 10, 2010
  4. pilgy

Becky

Hi pilgy and welcome to the forums! ;)

Where are you based? I know of some good videographers in the North West, so it depends where you are.

Becky, Sep 10, 2010
  5. pilgy

Mrsg2b2011

Hi there, another April bride here!! What date are you getting wed?

Afraid I don't know any videographers but just wanted to say hello & welcome really & be nosy :Dxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Sep 10, 2010
  6. pilgy

pilgy

Hi,

Thanks some great advice. I've found a few companies who's showreels and websites look really good. I'm going to contact them over the weekend and see what they say. I found them through guides for bride and a site called thebridalfile which seemed really good.

We're getting married on the 16th and I'm based in Gloucestershire. We're getting married in a castle, it looks amazing, we are so pleased with it. Where is everyone else getting married??

I'll let you all know how I get on with the videographers!

pilgy, Sep 11, 2010
  7. pilgy

Becky

With our photographer, we looked at photos from loads of highly recommended local photographer and eventually found one that stood out from the rest. We went to meet him and got on really well - job done!

I think that's a really good way to go about things (not just with the photographer) - if you like their work, meet with them to discuss ideas. If you get on well and the price is right, go for it! ;)

P.S I'm getting married at Sandhole Oak Barn in Cheshire

Becky, Sep 11, 2010
  8. pilgy

Frogbitch

Frogbitch, Sep 12, 2010
  9. pilgy

Anon_SA

You're getting married at Sandhole Oak Barn?!

IT'S AMAZING THERE! Some friends of mine got married there and I've played some wedding gigs there.

Hooray!!

So as you're getting married quite close to me - maybe we did choose the same florist to get a quote from!!

Anon_SA, Sep 12, 2010
  10. pilgy

pilgy

Thanks so much for all the advice!

I spoke to a couple of videographers over the weekend but couldn't get through to a lot (I suppose they were out filming). We also put the same question in our facebook status and it turns out a 'facebook' friend of my man's knows a company called jumping spider films, they shot a friend of his weddings and apparently they were blown away (his words!) by the video. H2B gave them a call, said he really liked the sound of them and we're meeting with them next week. Apparantly they are a new company and I think we are going to try getting a discount (you never know!).

We did speak to some other companies so if we don't like these guys we'll try someone else....

Sandhole Oak Barn does look lovely, how did you find it??

pilgy, Sep 13, 2010
  11. pilgy

Becky

That sounds great pilgy, you'll have to let us know how you get on!

Re Sandhole, when we were looking at venues it just stood out! I thought it looked gorgeous but really relaxed, and it has had excellent reviews from people who have got married there. We went to see it and the owners were just so lovely, that really helped us make our minds up! I'm so glad we picked it :)

Salma - that's amazing, I can't believe you've been there! I'm really glad you like it! :D

Becky, Sep 13, 2010
  12. pilgy

jesslovesed

ooooh pilgy,
    where is Glos are you based? i am on the south glos/wiltshire boarder (when i am in the UK) we are getting married near Bath..... what castle is it? Is it clearwell? i am going to investigate your videographer now as i quite fancy having our wedding filmed properly x

jesslovesed, Sep 28, 2010
  13. pilgy

Anon_SA

I'm now wishing I could come spy on your wedding - but I'll be on a plane! :unsure: :D :D

Anon_SA, Sep 28, 2010
  14. pilgy

Becky

Well that's what parachutes are for!! :)

Becky, Sep 28, 2010
  15. pilgy

pilgy

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, sooo busy at the moment. Just to let you know that I met with one of the guys from the video company and he was really nice and completely set my mind at ease about being film, and he was not bad to look at either ;-). We also managed to get a small discount (glad I tried) as they are running an offer until the end of this year (I think.) I will wait until after the wedding and seeing our final DVD before recommending them but at the moment they seem great and we are very pleased. Now on to the next task on my ever growing list!!!!!!!!

Pilgy
    :)

pilgy, Sep 30, 2010
  16. pilgy

Becky

That's good news! Really pleased you got a discount too!

What's next to plan? :)

Becky, Sep 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question