Does Anyone Feel Unorganised?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsApplen2be, May 7, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

I feel like im a bit unorganised not paticularly worried as im a very laid back person but getting a bit fed up of being told in panicky tones that im unorganised....(thats my bridesmaid)

Ive got centrepieces to sort.
    Dress fittings
    Suit fittings
    Fillings for my favour bags.
    shoes for everyone
    bridesmaid gifts for everyone.
    hair appointments
    hair pieces for bridesmaids
    tiara for me or whatever I decide to wear cos I cant decide how to have my hair.
    Need to send out evening invitations.
    RINGS
    guest book

Think thats it lol.......Wedding is july 31st x

MrsApplen2be, May 7, 2010
    vhc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

MrsBrown

Hi, Try not to worry, it will all come together!

I'm not getting married until sept, but feel similar! Although I love my dress and when you are actually in the dress shop they are great, they are also a bit rubbish at communicating and make me feel like a bridezilla for asking lots of questions!! I think they seem to forget that we all have lives, work, bridesmaids who dont live nearby. I am going to suggest that they give brides a time line checklist for when fittings happen etc so that we know what to do and when and discuss if that wont work for us!

Anyway sorry for ranting slightly off subject, just set yourself goals and make a list of what you need to do and when!! Think about what can be organised nearer the time and what needs to be done ASAP! But also remember that in the run up to the wedding you will be very busy, so organising some of the things to take the pressure off nearer the time might help too!!

Jayne

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Seems that there is going to be the majority of things to do close to the wedding like the making of favours flowers, collecting suits etc.

Know what you mean about dress fittings they told me to have fittings in may nothing to say when though and not sure wether to contact them or if their going to contact me. Also dont know how many fittings to expect x

4. MrsApplen2be

MrsBrown

I would ring them, they can only tell you that you are too early!! I have been told I will need a fitting 4 weeks before and then 1 week before but I think every shop does different!!

I decided I wanted a shawl or jacket so emailed and they told me I need to order it now, so off I went to the shop decided what I wanted only they then told me that they will measure me for it and make it after my fitting aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just figure they probably have loads brides and they prob have worse bridezillas than me!! They have done this loads but I reckon they forget that we havent!!

Wish it was my fitting soon, cant wait to see my dress again... seems like ages since I saw it!!

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

My bridesmaids are worse than me!! Dont suppose you could tell me when they require full payment then for both mine and bridesmaids x

6. MrsApplen2be

MrsBrown

My order form says I have to pay in full on my first fitting. I think I have ordered lots of things, dress, small jacket, my shoes, head dress, bridesmaid dresses, their shoes from the same shop!! Its gonna be one big bill!!! Guess it saves me running around too much though. Cant believe how much there is to organise!!

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
  7. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Ive done the same...can't say ive read anything lol. Dont want to be inconsiderate cos both my bridesmaids have offered to pay half their dresses, great help to me. Im buying shoes etc and have paid my half of dress but dont want it sprung on them they have to pay for dress if that makes sense and have my hen coming up 1st June wondering if id be more considerate to wait till then. x

8. MrsApplen2be

MrsBrown

I would ring to check but I am sure that it will work out. The first shop i went to was smaller and only had someone on set days for fittings, the shop i got the dress from for has someone full time and a high turn over so I think thats why they do it nearer the time. Not wanting to add to your stress sorry! I am sure if you ring them they will tell you and then book you in around your timings and their time scales etc!

How many bridemaids you having?

I have 6! 3 grown up ones and 3 little ones, though I am just going to debenhams or John lewis for the little ones. No page boys though.

I seem to have taken over this thread he he.. if anyone else wants to contribute feel free ha ha!!

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
  9. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Thanks for replying to be honest its nice to have someone replying even if no one else does lol. maybe everyone else feels super organised.

Will ring up in the week I think double check when they want us in and things. I have 2 adult bridesmaids who need fittings and 2 little girl bridesmaids my little sis whos 5 and h2bs niece who is 3. had their dresses from monsoon though xx

MrsApplen2be, May 8, 2010
  10. MrsApplen2be

Becky

I'm sure you'll be fine! There's plenty of time to get all that sorted, and it sounds like you're already mentally planning what needs to be done.

Relax, put your feet up, and have a drink [​IMG] or better still... DELEGATE! [​IMG]

Becky, May 8, 2010
  11. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Lol for someone who wants to be a teacher im crap at delegating, much rather someone told me what to do im so undecisive! Its all there mentally though your right suppose thats why I feel less unorganised than everyone is making out I am x

MrsApplen2be, May 8, 2010
  12. MrsApplen2be

debbie0165

i only got three months to go, i got loads to do but still to early to do some things, but i want it al done now

debbie0165, May 9, 2010
  13. MrsApplen2be

vhc

sounds about what i've got left to do!
    except haven't done any of the invitations yet or enquired about a cake. (and i've got to make my dress!)
    or got a DJ for the evening.

judging by everyone else's responses, though, looks like we're okay.[​IMG]

vhc, May 10, 2010
  14. MrsApplen2be

Helen

I've got everything to do lol but I have got about 49 weeks to go :rolleyes:

Helen, May 10, 2010
  15. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

VHC that makes me feel better....fancy ringing my chief bridesmaid and telling her that :p x

MrsApplen2be, May 10, 2010
  16. MrsApplen2be

vhc

[​IMG]

vhc, May 11, 2010
  17. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

Think I would get on well with your chief bridesmaid, as i'm not getting married till 01/07/2011 and have almost everything sorted. Thinking of changing my name to Monica (after friends) as I have to do lists on the wall, a white board and spreadsheets and documents on my Macbook!

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like you have much left, just the normal stuff and I'm just Uber organised, so my friends tell me anyway.

It'll get done and don't forget the most important thing --------------- Ensure your relaxed and enjoy your day.:D

iPrincess26, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question