Diy Make-Up

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by Oscar, May 22, 2010.

1. Oscar

Oscar

Hi

Not sure this is the correct place to post this!

Planning on doing my own make-up, eeek! I never were a lot of make up, only tend to do the full works when im going out which is just occasionally. I have really oily skin that tends come out in blemishs at anytime (bot a good look for the big day), I have tried all kinds of foundations but still never found one that Im really happy with.

Can anybody recommend a good foundation thats not to heavy and deals with oily/shiny/blemish prone skin!

or even any good moisturisers that deal with that stuff to?

Oscar, May 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Oscar

bridetobe200910

I have really bad skin and suffer with break outs all the time whatever I seem to do.

I have read some bad things about Clinique on the internet but I am now using their anti blemish range of cleansers and toners and they also do a foundation (which looks lovely too) and concealer that is supposed to help against further breakouts.
    I do think having a routine has made a difference in just 3 weeks.

I went in just for advice but they took me through everything and gave me a mini make over and a sample of the foundation to try myself.

Hope this may be of interest.

bridetobe200910, May 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Oscar

VikingWife

I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, you can buy it in original or light..its amazing! It looks as good at the end of the day as it did when you put it on in the morning. Use it with primer or without. I have tried all the foundations pretty much and this is the best by far!

VikingWife, May 22, 2010
  4. Oscar

fizzymelon

for a lasting foundation coverage... try a mineral powder makeup, like the ones that come pre loaded into the brush handle. my fav is http://www.the-skin-clinic.com/susan_posnick.asp?source=adwords_susan_posnick_range&gclid=CJqbl_a36aECFQUulAodNDOuJw its extremely covering but very very light, you wont feel it on at all.

Ive also suffered with breakouts alot and dred having one day before wedding... ive used loads of different beauty products, without any luck [​IMG] Im currently having a course of chemical peels to even even out skin texture and tone.

fizzymelon, May 24, 2010
  5. Oscar

iPrincess26

Yep i'd go with mineral make-up. Bare minerals by bare essenctuals (sp?) is great and helps avoid break outs, my skin has been great ever since i started using it and its really easy to apply and feels like your not wearing any make-up.

iPrincess26, May 28, 2010
  6. Oscar

MrsPandP

You are maybe better going around the make up counters [ all on seperate days].
    Tell them you are considering make up for your wedding and need to get a feel with how their product interacts with your skin.
    That way you will get free makeover, every time you visit a counter, but you will be able to go away and see how it treats your skin and can make an informed judgement.

MrsPandP, May 30, 2010
  7. Oscar

Mrs T2B (Kel)

I went today to the No7 counter in boots for a wedding make-over / consult.
    The woman was lovely, really helpful. The make up she did was easy to follow and she wrote down exactly what she did for me. I don't wear a lot of make and the foundation she suggested is really light and has lasted well all day without 'clogging' my face.. if you know what I mean.

To top it off, No7 is on 3 for 2, with free makeup brushes when you buy mascara and she threw in a little Gift With Purchase set for free of a mini mascara, eyeliner, 2 eyeshadows and some protect & perfect minis :)

Definitely go round the make up counters.

Mrs T2B (Kel), May 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question