Diy Bouquets

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by chelle532, Jul 29, 2012.

1. chelle532

chelle532

Surely some of you have made your own bouquets?

I'd love to see them all, here's mine:

DSCF3991.JPG DSCF3994.JPG

and here's my bridesmaid's

DSCF3956.JPG

chelle532, Jul 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. chelle532

MrsBrown

Popple master made hers, I know she having prob with her computer at mo but there are some pics somewhere.

What colour are the bridesmaids wearing?

MrsBrown, Jul 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. chelle532

chelle532

Bridesmaids and MOH and all in different shades of burgandy & gold. similar to these shades (not styles)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chelle532, Jul 30, 2012
  4. chelle532

Helen

Loving those bouquets! How long did they take you? I thought I would like either a brooch bouquet or a felt flower bouquet but my husband said he really hated them. We got married abroad so I made my own bouquet with silk flowers then I could use it at both our ceremony and reception.

HelenandMatt00086.jpg
    Above bouquet at reception having flown to Canada and back.

[​IMG]

Above and below - Bouquet in Canada

[​IMG]

Helen, Jul 30, 2012
  5. chelle532

chelle532

Aww that's so cute!! And I love the colours of you dress & shoes! It took me 14 weeks to make mine and five bridesmaid bouquets. I'm in the process of changing one of my bridesmaid from red to gold. So it'll be the MOH's bouquet. I just felt like I wanted her to stand out. So I'll have mine as ivory, MOH gold & four bridesmaids in red.

chelle532, Jul 30, 2012
  6. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

I love your bouquets!

Mine are DIY bouquets, but not made by me, if that makes sense?! I didn't get them from a shop or anything like that!

I've included some of mine on here. The white bouquet is my bridal one, the burgundy one is my bridesmaids one, although since this photo was taken I've added a bit of ivory ribbon around the wired part and added a few tiny burgundy roses to some gaps above the wired bit to make them look a little less gothic (I thought the wired bit looked that way, but liked the touch as it matched the bridesmaids' necklaces!)

Our colour scheme is burgundy, or burgundy and ivory, but we have got a touch of gold too on the invites, but only a touch, like a heart overlapping the burgundy heart!

xx

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Jul 30, 2012
  7. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

The basket is one of the flower girls baskets, with burgundy and white petals, and a wrist corsage with one burgundy and one white rose on them (I don't know if you can see them on the photo on here).

xx

8. chelle532

chelle532

Yeah they are gorgeous!! The flower baskets are a fab idea and so cute. And your bridesmaid ones look so expensive. Yours is great too :)

chelle532, Jul 30, 2012
  9. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

Thank you. Just need something for oyr Maid of Honour now! Hehe! xx

10. chelle532

MrsH

Loving the pictures so far! I had originally considered making my own fabric flower bouquet as I liked the idea of being able to keep it and display it, and also that it would be unique and personal to me.

But then my MOH's mum said that she would recommend real flowers as she still remembers the smell of them on her wedding day and whenever she smells those flowers she is reminded of the day. Also, at a friend's wedding, my partner commented on how nice the flowers smelt as we sat down at the table. So now I'm not sure what to do!

I wondered about mixing some real flowers with some fabric ones but I wasn't sure whether that may just look odd.

What do you think?

MrsH, Jul 31, 2012
  11. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

You could perhaps have a real flower in them, which has actually given me a mini idea for mine!

Look at my bridal bouquet (the white one on my photos). What do you think of a single red rose in the middle somewhere? My Nan died last year, so I thought the next day I could go to the crematorium where my Nan's ashes are scattered and place it on there, like giving my Nan a flower from my big day? It doesn't have to be a red rose, could be white, could be a different flower altogether even? xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 31, 2012
  12. chelle532

chelle532

Oh that's a hard one. I've got a winter spiced apple and cinnamon scent to put on my flowers on the day. But that's not the same as real flower smell is it.

One reason for me was that I wasn't prepaired to pay the expensive prices for the bouquet and flowers I would have wanted just for them to be wilted by the next day. (seen too many bouquets that look dead by the evening guests arrival)

Another reason for me was I knew right fom the start that I wanted something no one had seen before (no one in my circle have had anything like mine) so I wanted them all to be talking about it and surprised when they seen them for first time.

Last reason for me was this picture, I seen it and wanted this for my pictures

[​IMG]

chelle532, Jul 31, 2012
  13. chelle532

MrsH

I can't see your photos, but I love the idea of a stand out flower to remember your Nan by.

Yeah, definitely agree with this, don't want to pay a fortune for something that barely lasts the day - and that picture is lovely! I never though of adding a scent, that may work - it doesn't have to be a flower smell that brings back the memories after all.

MrsH, Jul 31, 2012
  14. chelle532

chelle532

MrsGroves2b's pictures are further up the page MrsH.

I have seen loads of gorgeous real flower bouquets at decent prices but the flowers and style that I would want is just too expensive.

The total cost of my bouquet (and four bridesmaid bouquets, one MOH bouquet & 17 buttonholes included in that price) wasn't cheap at £400 (so average is about £60 per bouquet) but I think it was definitely worth it. It would have been under £100 if I had only done my own bouquet. Also this was paid for mostly on ebay a couple of items at a time and my local hobbycraft shop was about £30 a time.

chelle532, Jul 31, 2012
  15. chelle532

Helen

There are some amazing bouquet ideas about, pretty much anything you can think of can be turned into a bouquet. I love real flowers but I really wanted to make something different.

Mine is a million miles away from anything I would have chosen at the start. However once I had chosen the dress the silk flower stems I found were the perfect match and any other flowers would have looked silly (and as I mentioned before my husband hated the idea of felt flowers, buttons or brooch bouquets which if probably what I would have made once we had decided to go abroad and therefore ruling out real flowers). I don't really like roses very much, and I'm not a massive fan of the colours - but they went so well with the dress pattern that decided it for me. Must also add - I have the bouquet in a vase in our sitting room and they look great.

I mixed my silk bouquet, loads of real flowers on the tables and bridesmaids had those windmill/pinwheel type things and it all looked fabulous. Noone commented and said it didn't match so I wouldn't worry about mixing real and fake flowers.

Helen, Jul 31, 2012
  16. chelle532

MrsH

Thanks chelle532, not sure how I missed that! I think a single red rose in that bouquet would look lovely MrsGroves2b.

Can't wait to plan my own bouquet, will post pictures here once I have done it!

MrsH, Aug 1, 2012
  17. chelle532

chelle532

Can't wait to see pics of it!! So excited that you're making one now haha. Remember if you need to know anything or want to know anything give us a shout!! xx

chelle532, Aug 2, 2012
  18. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

I work at Hobbycraft! I get my things from there as we get a fantastic staff discount! We do some lovely flowers in the bridal section.

That's a great price for the bouquets you've made. Ebay have great things too, I saw some bouquets on there that I loved!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 2, 2012
    chelle532 likes this.
  19. chelle532

MrsGroves2B

Why that quote copied twice I don't know- I only clicked on quote, not multi quote! Hehe!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 2, 2012
  20. chelle532

chelle532

Aw wow you must have an amazing time at work getting loads of ideas haha.....must cost you a fortune!! Well all of my ribbon, wire and tape came from there. Along with the bridal hair flowers, the buttonhole brooch pins, the oasis, spray paint, glue gun / glue, clay for cake toppers, tulle for crinoline and rhinestones for my veil!!

I think it's safe to say that I love hobbycraft. I'm actually going to make my throwing bouquet from foam & silk flowers from there also!!

xx

chelle532, Aug 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question