Did You 'know' When You Were Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by May2010bride, Jun 22, 2010.

1. May2010bride

May2010bride

A question, for all those mothers & mums 2 be!

Before you had a test/went to the doctor..did you *know* that you were pregnant?

Just wondered as it came up in conversation today at work, after I asked to go home feeling ill (going to do a test in the morning but I don't FEEL pregnant).
    Only last time I was, I had a gut feeling about it (miscarried last time). Another girl at work HAD been pregnant but didn't know until she miscarried.

Arrgh, now I can't sleep!!

May2010bride, Jun 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. May2010bride

MrsBrown

i've never been pregnant, but just wanted to wish you well!

MrsBrown, Jun 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. May2010bride

MrsBoucher2B2012

I knew i was pregnant before i missed my period but the levels of hormone were not high enough for a test to pick up until i was almost 2months i think i did 6 tests in total. They say that all pregnancies are different so you might know with one and not another. hope your okay though.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 22, 2010
  4. May2010bride

Pumpkin

I felt a bit 'odd' before i found out i was pregnant,just a bit lightheaded/dizzy. The first proper symptom i had the morning that i went and bought a test in Boots was a really metallic taste in my mouth, like i had been sucking on a 2p coin, was very strange!

Pumpkin, Jun 22, 2010
  5. May2010bride

WelshBride

I didnt know. I was late and h2b kept winding me up saying I was pregnant and I just kept ignoring him. It was only when I was about 3wks late I decided to do a test and prove him wrong just to shut him up and it was positive!! :D

WelshBride, Jun 22, 2010
  6. May2010bride

juliak

As MrsBoucher said each pregnancy can be very different, I've been pregnant 4 times (first I miscarried, second time I had Jakob and the third and fourth time I had ectopic pregnancies). I didn't have any morning sickness with any of my pregnancies. When pregnant with Jake I knew something was up as i'd get up mid morning (if not working) sit and have a coffee, which I never finished as I'd always drop off to sleep again! I was absolutely knackered and drained for a couple of weeks so I wasn't hugely shocked that I was pregnant! I had to go up a dress size by 6 weeks!
    I'm sorry to hear that you went through the sadness of a miscarriage, I know how difficult that time was for me.
    Pumpkin mentioned the metallic taste and that is actually quite common, also a sudden aversion to certain smells and tastes is a common occurence, but at the end of the day no two people/pregnancies are the same! Sorry, not much help there really.
    I hope that you are ok and keep in touch with us to let us know how things are going! xxx

juliak, Jun 22, 2010
  7. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

Hi hun, I knew I was pregnant with Ryan. We did plan to have him so was aware I could be but I just knew within a week of concieving as my boobs were really tingly and then I was just weeing all the time!! But my sisters friend went to 6 months before she knew she was pregnant!?! She was still showing every month so had no reason to think otherwise!
    I am so sorry you went through the heartache of a miscarriage. I can't imagine how hard that must have been but I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world adn look forward to hearing the result :D xxx

Welshbride are you pregnant??? Sorry if I am late in realising this or if you have had the baby but if you are congratulations!!! :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 22, 2010
  8. May2010bride

MrsBoucher2B2012

there was a woman on the same ward as me when i had Abi, she didnt know she was pregnant until she gave birth at 8months. No idea how she didnt notice. She actually said to her parents she was going to get a pregnancy test as her period was late that month and she feeling odd, she then got rushed to hospital with stomach pains turned out she was 6cm dilated. So instead of getting a test the parents went and cleared out mothercare.

9. May2010bride

ilovepink1984

I've heard a few stories that people didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth - HOW?!

Saying that, I didn't know I was pregnant with Evie until I was 20weeks! I was still having regular perids, had no bump, no weight gain, no sickness etc. Felt absolutely normal! Was a massive shock! I was on the pill so shouldn't have happened and wasn't like I was being silly and using no protection.Best mistake I've ever had tho!! Had only been with h2b 'officially' for 5 months but we had already talked about getting engaged so everything was fine - and look at us now! 4 years on with 2 babies and getting married 4 months today!!

With Alfie I did know I was pregnant before the test but don't now if this was because he was planned and I was looking out for symptoms if you get what I mean. Like mrsg, within a week my breasts felt really sore and tingly and I got stomach cramps - which must have been implantation - I don't get them normally. Also started felling nauseous. Alfies pregnancy was completely different to Evies. More symptoms and aches and pains.

All pregnancies are different tho - so its highly likely you could be pregnant and not 'feel'it. Fingers crossed for you and keep us b2b posted!! xxxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 22, 2010
  10. May2010bride

MrsBoucher2B2012

Abi was unplanned and i was on the pill as well so it was a shock but i just knew my body felt completely different. Me and h2b hadnt been together long either but we also knew we would get married one day. We are very lucky ladies pink

11. May2010bride

ilovepink1984

Yep Dani we are very lucky ladies! Could have turned out very differently but I would always have kept Evie. Can't believe I now only have 4 months to go!

ilovepink1984, Jun 22, 2010
  12. May2010bride

WelshBride

Only know seeing this lol! I'm not pregnant lol! I've had the baby......5yrs ago!! :lol:

WelshBride, Jul 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question