Did Anybody Get There Wedding Dress From Ebay?

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsStanding2Be, May 8, 2010.

1. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

If so what was it? and how much did you save? :)

MrsStanding2Be, May 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStanding2Be

floatylight

I spent the past few days looking at dresses on ebay and it looks like there are some real bargains about, but my only concern was if they weren't in good condition. There were some Maggie Sottero ones going for about 15% of the price that it would cost to buy new [​IMG] .

I guess if it's ok to view the dress in person then there are some real bargains out there :)

floatylight, May 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStanding2Be

mrs_bowers_2_b

i got a lola gray one for £30 inc p+p :)

mrs_bowers_2_b, May 8, 2010
  4. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

I've seen the dress i want on there Maggie sottero "sabelle" but its like REALLY cheap! i'm not sure whether to get it or not

MrsStanding2Be, May 10, 2010
  5. MrsStanding2Be

Helen

I think I'm going to. If it's not what I want can always sell it :p

If its a lot cheaper might be worth the risk, but you normally get what you pay for!

Helen, May 11, 2010
  6. MrsStanding2Be

vhc

if you're buying from eBay, you have to check where it coems from: i've been reading some proper horror stories that people have bought dresses from sellers in china, or other places abroad and the dresses have been really cheap knock-offs - not even close to the dress on the picture (in style, design, make-up, fabric etc)

i think the website was Brides Aware

the website isn't designed very well, but some of the comments are awful.
    :D

if you buy off eBay, i think going second-hand is the best plan.

vhc, May 12, 2010
  7. MrsStanding2Be

samisheen

I got my Benjamin Roberts dress from ebay £85 and i love it xx

samisheen, May 12, 2010
  8. MrsStanding2Be

poppleminster

I had got a dress from another forum but it arrived and is not remotely going to fit me, not the sellers fault but the measurements are not what it says on the tag so they must have mis-labelled it. It's not lightly wrong, it's really wrong and I cannot re-sell it without the person trying it on as i'd worry they might not be able to wear it like me. Soooo, I am now looking on ebay and there is so much choice. I figure that at the prices thing are going for, I will take the risk. Worst scenario I have to re-sell it or place a claim via paypal if the person says it's perfect but it's damaged badly.

I like to think most people take good care of their dresses, I know I would :(

poppleminster, May 22, 2010
  9. MrsStanding2Be

iPrincess26

I have just had a look at some of the comments on brides aware and think some of the comments from "Manufacturers" and Bridal shops are just sour grapes that we are all cottoning on to the fact that the wedding industry has been ripping people off for years! I am buying my dress on line and getting it custom made in China. I have however been dress shopping and tried the dress on in a store (along with about another 10) fully knowing I was never going to buy it from there as I don't have the budget for a bridal store dress, I don't see it as a waste of time though as even if I did have the budget I went to several stores and always intended to and wouldn't have bought a dress from every store so think this argument is flawed.

I will just add as far as the China company goes, it was actually recommended to me from a friend who was a bridal store owner and who made dresses (my dress is quite elaborate so would have cost about the same for her to make it, so she told me of the place I am getting it from) and they have excellent working conditions etc. I have emailed them a few times and ordered fabric samples and received swift friendly service and the samples arrived in only a few weeks (with tracking details from the time they were sent) which I was pleased with as it was in the middle of the ash cloud problems. I think as long as you are sensible about it ( get samples as computer does not give a true reflection of colours) and give them plenty of time and choose wisely then there is nothing wrong with getting the best you can for your budget and being happy with it.

Sorry Rant over ;)

iPrincess26, May 29, 2010
  10. MrsStanding2Be

tush2000

Ibought mine off ebay, it is absecond hand one, it cost me £40...im pleased as punch with it as it fits nice and lookseven better than it did on the pics, i only bought off there as the shop no longer had my size available in the original dress I liked.:)

tush2000, Nov 6, 2010
  11. MrsStanding2Be

Becky

That's a bargain!! Welcome to the site by the way :)

Becky, Nov 7, 2010
  12. MrsStanding2Be

poppleminster

yay £40 is awesome! Welcome to bigday :(

poppleminster, Nov 7, 2010
  13. MrsStanding2Be

sparkledream

wow, great ebay bargains, giving me hope.;)

would you suggest going off and finding your dream dress in the shops. then hunting for it on ebay or just risking it accordint to the pictures (depending on price)???

sparkledream, Jan 30, 2011
  14. MrsStanding2Be

Helen

I think you need to have tried on at least something similar if not the actual design to see if it suits you or you like it as much on as you did off.

Of course if it is a real bargain (though be warned it may be a bargain for a reason) then it turned out you didn't like it you can always sell it on...

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  15. MrsStanding2Be

poppleminster

I finally got mine from ebay for a cool £150 in the end. After buying two I didn't like and selling them for more than I paid, I got a bargian Ellis dress that was over £1000 new and in the current season :lol:

poppleminster, Feb 6, 2011
  16. MrsStanding2Be

BeckyBride

Heya, Yes i got mine off eBay. Cost £99 - a maggie Sottero (from china though). Made to measure. It it lovely - a serious bargain. I just bought it too see what it was like before a forked out over £1000 in a shop. Just needs taking up but apart from that im well chuffed! xxx

BeckyBride, Jan 15, 2013
  17. MrsStanding2Be

MrsGroves2B

I went to get one off eBay that said UK seller, selected it, said I'd won it and needed to pay, went to put my details in and said can't deliver to this address! I tried family addresses and still saying can't deliver! I had to get them to cancel order and fill out all the stuff through eBay to cancel it! Be careful, they're not all they say they are! I do believe there's some good bargains on there though, and need to put mine on there to sell, never used but is too small for me!

Try hiring, really good and saves a lot of money!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 22, 2013
  18. MrsStanding2Be

HEPPY1990

I wouldn't have thought of buying a dress off ebay!

HEPPY1990, Jun 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question