Depressing Budget

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by sparkledream, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

with a miniscule budget. i have spent the last 2 days concentrating on finding budget venues. it's depressing. not sure what to do. might have to put it all on hold. :D

sparkledream, Jan 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

Helen

Hey hun, don't get depressed, I'm sure you will find somewhere. We had the same problem and it took us about 6 months of searching, visiting and web searching to find somewhere that fitted most of our requirements! I then had to do a lot of negotiating to make the other requirements fit!

What sort of venue are you looking for? What requirements does it need to have? Let us know any maybe we will be able to give you some ideas :D Big hugs

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

sparkledream

thinking to reduce cost it would be cheaper in one venue. think is just the money. our savings are pittiful and it's hard for OH to save any, due to monthly outgoings and child mainenance, and loan repayments. along with that, we've just bought a house, so spending on that.

it's frustrating, as the only way i can see to save money for the wedding is to use money. realistically, i think we might be able to scrape together 3k by next spring, which is pathetic.

sparkledream, Jan 30, 2011
  4. sparkledream

Helen

Don't be so hard on yourself, saving any money is an achievement you should be proud of. There are still loads of things you can do with your budget, when you get a venue sorted you will feel much better.

Are you wanting a religious ceremony or a civil ceremony? I think one of the cheapest ways to get married is either in a place of worship or in the registry office and then a reception at a village hall or restaurant but there are loads of other options that can be done on a budget.

If you wanted to do it last minute there are lots of inclusive offers at some of the places you can have civil ceremonys, there is a castle and country club about 3 miles from me and they do lots of weddings that are quite pricy, but they also offer last minute bookings for a fraction of the cost so you could do that, particulary if you are wanting to get married in the summer months that could be a real money saving option. Don't be embarrased to ring places up and ask if they have any last minute deals or special offers.

There are loads of venue tips and money saving options on here have a look about and see if anything takes your fancy.

Remember wedding planning should be fun and exciting, don't let it get you depressed or down. And remember you have someone who loves you and wants to marry you ;)

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  5. sparkledream

Anon_SA

I think I mentioned this before but there's a programme called 'Three Grand Weddings' on Wedding TV - and you can watch all episodes online! It'll give you loads of tips on how to have an amazing wedding with your budget - I've watched some of them and it really is possible!

Click here to go to Wedding TV!

Anon_SA, Jan 30, 2011
  6. sparkledream

MrsBoucher2B2012

if you are really unhappy with your budget why dont you put the wedding back by a year or two and give yourselves a chance to save an amount you are actually happy with. wouldn't it be better to wait a while longer and get the wedding you than have it now and not be 100% happy if that makes sense[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 30, 2011
  7. sparkledream

sparkledream

yeh, thanks, i know what you mean MrsBoucher and i think that may have to happen. OH doesn't want me to regret having a small do with little money, but on the other hand he's happy to do that too.

i'm doing some research into local venues and options. found a hotel in my home town for £1250, venue, food, wine, canapes for 20. free hotel room for bride and groom. and it's only 20 min drive for our friends. good plan me thinks.

OH and I will start to look properly when i have more time in april when i finish a uni course. which i'm looking forward to/dreading the reality check.

;)

sparkledream, Jan 31, 2011
  8. sparkledream

airy_fairy

oh Salma - I will hold you personally responsible if none of my jobs get done today beause i'm watching 3 grand weddings....

airy_fairy, Feb 1, 2011
  9. sparkledream

Anon_SA

Been there... done that! ;)

Anon_SA, Feb 1, 2011
  10. sparkledream

poppleminster

Sorry you're stuck. Things near us are expensive. That hotel deal sounds pretty good though :lol:

poppleminster, Feb 6, 2011
  11. sparkledream

juliak

My mum paid for the sit down meal, approx 35 people, which was £600 ish. She also paid for my dress, £100 with alterations. Dad paid for flowers, mine and my BM's bouquets, buttonholes for 8 and a corsage for each mother, approx £60 altogether. Hubbys parents paid for the alcohol for the evening party which friends kindly let us host in their large garden. Photographs done by a friend as a wedding present, evening buffet by two other friends for a wedding present, cake done by another friend as a wedding present. We paid for favours, table decs, signing frame, cake stand, registrars fees and registry office, rings, suits, cummerbunds, ties, cufflinks and shirts for Groom, Bm and my boy who gave me away, dress and shoes for BM, tiara, bubbles and loads more. We spent less than a grand ourselves, it is doable, it's just a case of scouring internet sites and grabbing in favours. We made it very clear when we asked the person to do the cakes and the person to do the photography that we wouldn't be AT ALL offended if they felt they couldn't/didn't want to do it. xxx

juliak, Feb 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question