Deleted Wedding Ceremony Video

Discussion in 'Emotional Support' started by Zoe, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Zoe

Zoe

So, I asked my nephew to film the wedding ceremony. He happily stood in the corner of the room for 20 mins recording the entrance, vows, sand ceremony etc. He also filmed the wedding speeches until the memory card became full.

I wanted to take the video recorder on honeymoon and asked hubby to copy across the wedding footage onto the computer (which he dutifully forgot to do). So, I stepped up and started deleting some of the 'practice footage' off the recorder, and yes, you've guessed it, I went a bit too far and deleted the ceremony. I can't explain the hollow feeling I had as the deletion seemed to take forever I knew immediately what I'd done. I couldn't speak to hubbie for about 20 mins and still kinda blame him 40% for not doing it when asked!! Anyway, throughout the honeymoon I kept having flashbacks to the moment I deleted it, and felt so angry with myself for being too impatient.

Anyway, after doing a lot of internet searching I found a company in America who 'may' be able to find the file, but I'd have to download the software. Not being very trusting I decided to try local. So, I called into PC world yesterday, and the man said he should be able to find it (for £40), but will get a full refund if he can't.

Here's to hoping he can find my file and make me a happy wifey again[​IMG]

Zoe, Jul 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zoe

Becky

Oh no that's terrible! I can imagine that horrible sinking feeling you must have had, and it must have been very frustrating that you had already asked your husband to do it.

Hopefully they will be able to recover the data for you, I've got my fingers crossed hon xxx

Becky, Jul 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zoe

Ian Administrator

I hope that PC World can get it back for you! :)

If that fails, you may be able to use this software to get the file back for free:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Ian, Jul 11, 2011
  4. Zoe

poppleminster

Oh no! Good luck and keep us posted. So frustrating xxxxx

poppleminster, Jul 11, 2011
  5. Zoe

Zoe

Thanks ladies (oh, and Ian).

PC world phoned today - they think they've found the file (along with another 11 I've deleted). Going to pop in there tomorrow to see what they've retrieved. Fingers crossed eh??

Zoe, Jul 11, 2011
  6. Zoe

MrsBrown

OMG for what has happened, but yippee for PC world. Keeping fingers crossed!!

MrsBrown, Jul 11, 2011
  7. Zoe

Becky

Excellent - let us know how you get on!

Becky, Jul 12, 2011
  8. Zoe

MrsC2Be

I've done similar things with important photos and stuff and have used clever technically minded friends to sort it out and they have pretty much always managed it :)

fingers crossed for your video x

MrsC2Be, Jul 12, 2011
  9. Zoe

Zoe

I (excitedly) went across to PC world yesterday, to find that the files they had 'found' on the memory stick are the ones that are on the stick anyway i.e. NOT the deleted ones. How stupid are they there???? The guy was really proud of his efforts and handed me over the disc. I asked to check it whist I was still at the shop. He was a bit miffed when I explained none of the files on the disc were the ones I deleted. So, basically they've put the files that are still on the stick onto a disc and want £40 for it!!!! He's going to ask a 'clever techie' to see if he can find the deleted files. ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH again!!

Zoe, Jul 13, 2011
  10. Zoe

Frogbitch

Sadly, I was waiting for you to say something like this. The "Tech Guys" have let us down on more than one occasion.
    I really hope they pull it out of the bag for you. If not, complain to PC World, as they need to know the company they are leasing their space to are not so hot.

Frogbitch, Jul 13, 2011
  11. Zoe

Helen

I hate that feeling that you get as soon as you realise you have done something like that. I lost loads of photos from my camera, luckily my husband was able to get them back using some type of free stuff like Ian suggested. Hopefully this time you will have more luck getting them back :)

Helen, Jul 13, 2011
  12. Zoe

Becky

Oh no! I really hope an alternative works, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! xxx

Becky, Jul 13, 2011
  13. Zoe

MrsMay2011

Oh no, Zoe, like the others I've got everything crossed for you. I can well imagine the sick feeling you had. Our (piece of cr*p) PC crashed when I was trying to transfer our official pics from disc and the next time I put it in, disc was blank, and only about 10 had transferred. I actually thought I was going to throw up. Luckily it worked on another PC, but I have a small idea of how you must feel.

Any luck with it?

MrsMay2011, Jul 16, 2011
  14. Zoe

MrsBoucher2B2012

my little monkey once got hold of the camera and deleted loads of videos and picture from when she was a newborn, we thankfully had them backed up so its wasnt a complete disaster. Hope they manage to sort everything out get it back for you x

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 23, 2011
  15. Zoe

MrsC2Be

any news yet hun?

MrsC2Be, Jul 24, 2011
  16. Zoe

Zoe

No luck with PC World!! They just put the pics that are already on the momeory stick onto a disc. They very kindly gave me the disc and also a full refund.

Ian, I tried that link, thank you, but no luck. It just found the ones already on the memory stick. I'm going to ask around my friends as some of them have techie hubbies.

At least I have the photos I suppose [​IMG]

Zoe, Jul 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question