Decorating The Church

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsStanding2Be, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

We are having pew ends but i wanted something for the outside, i just wanted something to disguise the long grass leading up to the main doors any ideas? Thanks

MrsStanding2Be, Sep 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

What about some topary trees??

I like the fairy lights though plug sockets could be an issue
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or just some tubs with flowers in?

MrsBrown, Sep 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStanding2Be

Becky

Ooh I like the topiary tree idea!

A cheaper idea might be candle lanterns hung on poles stuck in the ground on either side of the path to the church. Something like this:

[​IMG]

Becky, Sep 4, 2010
  4. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

I am looking to get some topairy tree's for our reception so i might just stick em outside the church and get people to take them back in there cars! ha!

As for the candle lantans they are lovely but they have zero poles leading into the church so.....? i dont want to sound disrespectful at all but my mum has been telling me the outside of the church where i will be walking is abit messy as in long grass. i just thought it was normal so i have'nt said anything and i dont want to sound ungrateful but i'm not sure what to do?

MrsStanding2Be, Sep 4, 2010
  5. MrsStanding2Be

Becky

If you're happy with it then I say leave it as it is! It's your day after all :)

Becky, Sep 4, 2010
  6. MrsStanding2Be

juliak

A lot of churches rely on volunteers to maintain the upkeep of the grounds, maybe you could approach the church and ask whether this is the case (you could always contat them anonymously if you're embarrassed, or i'd happily contact them for you). If that is how they work then maybe you and your h2b could tidy it up.

juliak, Sep 4, 2010
  7. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

You don't thinkt its rude of me?

MrsStanding2Be, Sep 4, 2010
  8. MrsStanding2Be

juliak

Of course not, like I said enquire first, but if it is a church that encourages volunteers they may be more than grateful and you get what you want at the same time. Definitely worth a phone call I think. Like I said i'll gladly phone on your behalf. x

juliak, Sep 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question