Creative Brain Picking

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by MrsC2Be, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Hey Cool Kids,

As I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to most things creative I'm going to be needing muchos help along the way to wedding theme heaven.

Some of you may remember that we're having an Alice in Wonderland theme. I'm going to do the stationary all myself, including favours, place cards etc etc

I have a basic idea of what I want to do, but what I need opinions on is, if it's based on Wonderland, should I attempt to keep up the crazy mis-matched pretence colourwise as much as possible, or do you all think it would look better if I stick to a certain overall colour theme? I want to have our bridesmaids in light blue dresses with ivory sashes ala Alice and want to have the main colour of my bouquet as orange (they contrast and should go, right?!).

If anyone's got any opinions I'd be dead grateful to hear them. :)

MrsC2Be, Aug 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

May2010bride

I had an alice in wonderland themed wedding...although we didn't go mental over it cos we were only having a small wedding;

We only went colour mad with the buffet plates/napkins.
    We had red & white rose decorations, alice in wonderland tea set (an old whittards set....found mine on ebay)
    I made the invites using alice in wonderland stamps (again off ebay); http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alice-Wonderland-Looking-Glass-character-stamps-ATCs-/380218716523?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item5886cd316b and mental wonky playing cards as the 'save the dates' (wrote over them in silver ink.

I love the ideas for the bridesmaid dresses..sounds like something Alfred Angelo would do!!

Good luck x

May2010bride, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

http://www.bridalwave.tv/2010/03/how_to_have_an.html

I found this website idea... it describes your bridesmaid dresses!!

I love the idea in the article that says have cookies that say 'Eat me' though I would give these as favours! you could also do mini boxes or mini bottles of alcohol saying eat me or drink me.

I just seen a picture of men in traditonal suits but with stripy socks to fit the theme and are you going for top hats??

Some form of wonky wedding cake or cup cakes would be an idea also

hope it helps, i could get carried away ha ha

MrsBrown, Aug 4, 2010
  4. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Yeah, I've got loads of ideas, it could end up being a bit ridiculous!

I was more concerned about the colours to go for for everything. I'm now thinking blue and orange as they're both bright, I just don't want to get halfway through everything and it look crap lol

MrsC2Be, Aug 4, 2010
  5. MrsC2Be

Helen

I like your idea of bright and colourful mismatched, I don't think it will look wrong.

I agree a wonky cake style (like lindy smith) would look fab. I have instructions how to make wonky cakes if you need them!

Also loving the playing card save the date idea from may bride!

Bright orange and blue should look really striking in the photos :)

Helen, Aug 4, 2010
  6. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Luckily I don't have to practice my cake making skills (H2B is actually the best at baking in our house!) As we get the cake included in our venue package. Be interesting to see what they say when we tell them what we want lol

I'm going to attempt some practice run stationary over the next few days, will post photos if I'm feeling brave!

MrsC2Be, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question