Crafty Cake :)

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by winter ash, Oct 5, 2012.

1. winter ash

winter ash

I rang lots and lots of places around derby nottingham for cakes .. saying 'explaining im looking for a quote on a wedding cake blah blah blah @ some came back with like £350-£600 for a wedding cake i had enough.

the last two i rang i said @ Im enquiring about a party cake very simple no decorations nothing just a basic sponge cake and one quoted me £130.. AMAZING i booked an appointment to to meet her on last sat she was a lovely lady. I told her that it was a wedding cake and for my own designs and her own hard work she bumped up the price by £20 so my cake cost me £150 i put down deposit well Jay did but that a another story to tell.

My first bargain shame i had to lie to get it though :p

winter ash, Oct 5, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. winter ash

Becky

Another thing off the list, tick!

Glad you've got it sorted. Sounds like you got a bargain! :)

Becky, Oct 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. winter ash

Helen

If you only want a plain white iced sponge cake one of the best places to try is somewhere like Marks and Spencer or Waitrose. Most small cake decorators can't buy the ingredients for the prices that M&S sell their cakes for let alone buy, bake and decorate for that. ;)

Helen, Oct 5, 2012
  4. winter ash

winter ash

Helen i actually conered her when she came to do consulatation i dint give her much room to think lol.. im having roses etc but wasnt gona pay ridiculos price.

winter ash, Oct 5, 2012
  5. winter ash

winter ash

yes its over and done with and i was the one who dint want a cake lol i ended up being CAKE - ZILLA LOL

winter ash, Oct 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question