Confetti

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsT2b!!, Jul 18, 2010.

1. MrsT2b!!

MrsT2b!!

Morning everyone.

What are you having your confetti in?
    I have seen loads of different ways but not sure on where to keep it and how to give it to guests.

Ive thought of a few diffetent ways but cant make my mind up:

Confetti Cones in a box to match and have them on the table as guests leave the room to go outside.
    Little organza bags filled with confetti and have them on everyones chair so they take it out with them.
    Our bridesmaids to have wicker basket filled with either pouches or loose confetti for people to get as they wait for us. Not sure on this idea though as we dont have flower girls and our bridesmaids will be 13 and 15 so may look a bit young for them?

What do you think? x x

MrsT2b!!, Jul 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

Oh dear, another thing I haven't even thought of let alone researched. I'm thinking lovely natural petals in little baskets with a child each to hold but don't wish to look at the price tag!

poppleminster, Jul 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT2b!!

Helen

I thought the guests brought confetti with them? Or is that just an old fashioned thing now?

Helen, Jul 18, 2010
  4. MrsT2b!!

juliak

We're having bubbles as opposed to confetti and we're putting a bottle on each of the seats in the room where we are getting married for people to use.

juliak, Jul 18, 2010
  5. MrsT2b!!

Helen

I thought about bubbles but was a bit worried they might mark peoples clothes? Or does that only happen when you use washing up liquid to make bubbles?! :D :) :blink:

Helen, Jul 18, 2010
  6. MrsT2b!!

MrsMay2011

Don't use those bubbles which are supposed to last (I think they have some kind of latex or plastic in the mix which hardens so the bubbles don't pop?). Sounds brill but all that happens is everyone (worst of all the bride!) gets sticky bits of goo all in their hair as the bubbles land and then slowly deflate. Looks terrible in later photos. And then all your guests look like chimpanzees as they pick the bits off each other LOL!! Can you tell I'm speaking from experience here?!

I also thought guests brought their own confetti, but if you are providing it, I'd go for bags on chairs. That way there's no chance of it getting missed and you'll be sure to have the 'confetti' experience you want and lots of lovely photos! :)

x

MrsMay2011, Jul 18, 2010
  7. MrsT2b!!

juliak

Oh no, they're just normal bubbles!!!!

I agree, confetti on chairs!!

juliak, Jul 18, 2010
  8. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

cue finding nemon style voice 'bubbles bubbles'. I love the bubbles idea, I have some I already bought for the kids in little champagne glasses, I got a box full in a charity shop unused for £2.50 so may have to change their purpose!

poppleminster, Jul 18, 2010
  9. MrsT2b!!

hannaspain

I bought loads of red and white silk rose petals on ebay (very cheaply). I tried throwing some I had here at home in the air and I love the way they fall. I got 1000 white ones and 1000 red ones (our wedding theme is red and white). I'm going to fold cones out of white paper and use a craft punch to punch out loads of red hearts which I will attach to the front of the cone with a staple. I might write "thank you for coming" on the heart in white. We plan to leave one on each chair, but since there won't be a chair for everyone we will also have a basket with loads of cones in it at the back. I haven't received my petals yet though... I hope they get here on time!

Bubbles are a great idea!! xxx

hannaspain, Jul 18, 2010
  10. MrsT2b!!

ilovepink1984

Depends how bridezilla you want to be about it - do you want the confetti to match your colour theme?!?! Most guests normally bring their own confetti so unless you tell them you are providing it you could end up with loads!!

We are having to provide our own. The school we are marrying at is a private property and don't want bits of cheap paper floating around the grounds and into the chapel which is rarely used. So if we want confetti - I'd quite like a confetti shot I think! - we have to provide biodegradable stuff ourselves and make sure we are in the middle of the grounds so it floats away from the school!! H2b had this mad converstation with the headmaster last week!! We are providing pink organza bags with ivory and pink freezed dried rose petals in and attaching them to the Orders of Service.

I was told that if you are using rose petals to make sure you get the freeze dried variety as the colour doesn't run if they get wet whereas other types can do. I certainly don't want pink dye running down my ivory dress thanks!!

Bubbles are a good idea too. Been to a couple of weddings where they were on the tables at the reception and had lots of fun with them xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question