Church Order Of Service

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, May 20, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

A quick question for those who have/are having a church wedding.

I'm currently writing out our Order of Service. I have a draft completed but I have not included the lyrics to the hymns (just put for example hymn 1: Love Divine hymn number ... in the green hymn books).

I know through being a church goer and a member of the church PCC that there's the question of copyright and needing to state copyright when publishing lyrics in an Order of Service, so I was trying to avoid this problem as I wouldn't know the details to include on copyright. The hymn books are only small, so I was just going to get them to have a hymn book as an addition to the Order of Service. Also, I was trying to avoid complications about page layouts and save on paper and ink- without the lyrics I have got it down to one sheet of A4 book folded and double sided (I'm having an ivory card cover). I need to print about 150 copies as I need enough for guests, us, the vicar and the choir.

I emailed a copy over to our vicar who has said it looks ok but will double check it, and the only question he asked was whether we wanted the words to the hymns. I did say we were just considering hymn books.

Has anyone else done this or know how to get around this problem?

MrsGroves2B, May 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

All church weddings that I have been to have had the lyrics included in the order of service (and so have funerals). See what the vicar says, I think you are allowed to reproduce lyrics for that sort of thing but I could be wrong.

Helen, May 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

We will be meeting the vicar on Wednesday evening so will get 100% clarification then.

I've been to weddings and funerals with and without hymns written in orders of service, so not sure what to do for us xx

MrsGroves2B, May 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question