Chocolate Brown Bridesmaid Dresses

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by babyruth, Jul 19, 2011.

1. babyruth

babyruth

Hi everyone!
    I'm having a bit of a nightmare i would love my colour scheme to be gold, chocolate brown and ivory for my big day and as i have 6 bridesmaids and 5 paige boys i'd really like my maid of honour in a chocolate brown dress! But i can only find them online and not in any shops can anyone recommend somewhere where we can go and try them on? I'm just ot sure about ordering them all from an online shop without at least trying them first!
    Thanks! xx

babyruth, Jul 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. babyruth

Anon_SA

I see your wedding is next year so you have plenty of time. My guess is those kinds of colours will come out next season (which is not very far away!) so keep a look out for new collections. There is NOTHING in the shops at the moment as they're all clearing out for next season. Don't panic! I'm sure Coast and Debenhams will have something good for you soon!

Anon_SA, Jul 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. babyruth

SeptemberBride

The shop I bought my wedding dress from had a few chocolate brown ones when I first tried mine on which was a few motnsh ago, like salmasalma said it is all sale stuff at the moment, the new season of stuff will be in soon x

SeptemberBride, Jul 19, 2011
  4. babyruth

ElmoGrace

Sounding similar to my colours. I am looking for espresso brown dresses for my girls. As I was worried how it would look on them all I found the best way to get an idea of what the colour is like is to try it on in wedding shops. So I would advise trying them first, then just keep your eye out for something you like in the future - but as you wedding isn't til next September, no need to rush into buying one now.

ElmoGrace, Jul 19, 2011
  5. babyruth

Frogbitch

http://www.coast-stores.com/all-dresses/dept/fcp-category/categorylist?resetFilters=true

I imagine larger Coast stores will have these sorts of styles available to try on, and if not there will probably be the same dress in another colour so you can get an idea of fit.

Frogbitch, Jul 20, 2011
  6. babyruth

Helen

Try Monsoon when their Autumn range come out, the last couple of winters they have had some lovely brown dresses :) I think in a few weeks time you should have loads of choice of that colour on the high street :)

Helen, Jul 22, 2011
  7. babyruth

babyruth

Thanks all for your ideas but i have spoken to a seamstress tonight and she has the perfect dress pattern and some gorgeous choc brown silk so she's going to make me one up just so i can see and fingers crossed i have bridesmaid dresses made to measure and for less expense than the shops!! xx

babyruth, Jul 25, 2011
  8. babyruth

Becky

Sounds good, what's the dress like that you have chosen?

Becky, Jul 25, 2011
  9. babyruth

babyruth

It's actually quite plain it's full length halterneck with just a small detailing around the bust (for the older bridesmaids) if i can get a photo when it;s made up i will post a picture! I can't believe it's that easy and much cheaper than buying my dresses! She might even be able to make ALL 6 of my bridesmaid dresses but the younger bridesmaids will have a different style dress! We will see...

babyruth, Jul 26, 2011
  10. babyruth

Becky

That's really good, especially if she can make all six! ;) Looking forward to a photo when they're done :)

Becky, Jul 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question