Children's Favours

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBrown, May 7, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hi all,

I have around 13 children at my wedding, from 6 months- 11 years!! I have sorted the girls who are all under 5, but the boys are harder!! Has anyone any ideas?

the boys ages are:
    2 under 1 years
    2 aged 2 years
    1 aged 6
    1 aged 7
    1 aged 9
    and 2 boys aged 11

(we have too many boys!!.. the girls were easy haha!!)

We are having a garden themed wedding so for the girls I have gone for fairy garden colouring books, crayons, bubbles, butterfly stickers and sweets shaped like butterflies. I was thinking of similar for the younger boys but I am stuck with the older ones and the babies?

Any ideas? What are other people doing?

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsApplen2be

Ive made busy bags for flowergirls and pageboys but their too expensive for all the children in my wedding. Thinking of doing colouring books and pencils or notebooks and pencils quite small ones and there will be bubbles on the table anyway.

MrsApplen2be, May 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

ooooo, what are in your busy bags? they sound good

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

MrsApplen2be

Colouring books, pencils, notebooks (all relating to things they like e.g fifi and power rangers), stickers, bubbles, i loom balloons. havent finished them yet but plan on getting them something with flowergirl and page boy on (thinking a photo frame), want to get page boy and flower girl teddy bears and a toy that their really into like fav thing like one is really into ben 10 so ben 10 characters or something to play with. Oh and mini footballs....could be lethal but all children love footballs and theres a outdoor bit just outside my venues french doors where they can play if its nice.

Could be more but their basically entertaining things. Ordered swim bags with their names on them from studio cards to put everything in too. x

MrsApplen2be, May 7, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

oh I love the idea of the gym bags with names on :) will have a nosey. Its great fun shopping for all the bits and bobs (i better not go too mad though- I keep thinkign budget budget budget.. but ebay is so tempting ha ha!

MrsBrown, May 7, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

WelshBride

We're doing busy bags as well [​IMG]

We've got our 5yrs old son and 5 yr old nephew as pageboys. They're having a ben 10 colouring pack each, bubbles, football maze, whoppee coushin, glow in the dark finger puppets. I've also had them a travel snakes and ladders game and a marble football/bowling game, one will go in one bag and one in the other so they can play them together. Also going to get them a My day as a Page boy' book http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2c52fbac7b and disposable cameras each.

We also have our other 2 nephews coming(one is 2 this month and the other will be 2 in october) they've both got a bob the builder colouring pack each and a little book. Going to get them some little cars and some clockwork animals.

I've also got these to put sweets in for them http://shop.confetti.co.uk/product/car-shaped-favour-box-4-pack/54176/

Have a look in supermarkets at the party bag fillers thats where I had some of my things. Also check out http://www.partydelights.co.uk/ They are good for cheap things like that.

I've found these bags on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item23069c6566 So I'll be getting some of these for the boys busy bags and for best man and bridesmaids [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 8, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

Becky

How about cheap remote control cars (or similar) for the older boys? I went to a wedding where that went down very well!

Becky, May 8, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

vhc

for the little under 1 year olds, something like a buggy book (board book with a strap for the buggy) would go down well, or just a normal touchy feely boards book (That's not my... series is great)

or a soft toy or even a rattle: under 1s are easy to occupy!

we're doing colouring books etc and stickers and small plastic toys for our under 10s.
    (our over 10s are being treated like adults...)

vhc, May 8, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

thank you all for your help! i thought about treating the older 2 as adults but they both have younger siblings so think they would feel left out. The grounds of where we get married has a mini adventure playground so that will keep them occupied whilst photos are taken etc (not so sure about the flower girls in white dresses though ha ha) I look into all your ideas though thanks.

MrsBrown, May 8, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

vhc

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

flower girls in green and brown dresses!
    make sure you get photos ofthem before they go on the climbing frame!

vhc, May 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question