Cherish/trash The Dress Anyone?

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Helen, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Helen

Helen

Anyone out there going to do one of these? I thought it would be fun to do but thought it would be too expensive and after all how many pictures of me in my dress do I need???

I stopped thinking about it after that but now I've seen a few things I would like to wear with/do with the dress and I've discovered that there are several photographers out there who want brides to do this for their portfolios for next to nothing and in some cases free eek!

What do you think - would you do a trash the dress? I saw some photos where they were having a mud fight! Would you do that in your dress?

Helen, Mar 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

poppleminster

I would. I'm a bit odd though :)

poppleminster, Mar 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Becky

I've done half of a cherish the dress shoot which was good fun, but had to call it off half way through due to the extreme cold and rain!! I'm hoping to do it again this spring though. I wouldn't do a trash the dress shoot in my dress, but that's because it was very expensive!!

Go for it - whether cherish or trash :D

Becky, Mar 9, 2012
  4. Helen

Helen

Are you still going to try and dye your dress afterwards Becky? Then you could do another Cherish the dress with it in another colour!!

I'm not sure what to do, don't really have any spare cash at the moment but I'm thinking I could ask my photographer to do an hour after we have done my cake promo shoot... We will see.

Has anyone seen any good photos of people doing this anywhere?

Helen, Mar 9, 2012
  5. Helen

Frogbitch

I haven't even managed to get my dress cleaned!

I can't see me doing any kind of photo shoot, however much I'd like to, but one day I hope to have it altered in some way so that I can wear it again.

My original plan was to take the skirt off the bodice, and use the fabric to make a stole. Ah well.

Frogbitch, Mar 9, 2012
  6. Helen

Becky

Not sure if I'll dye it - think it will be more trouble than it's worth (not to mention cost a lot!). Looking forward to the next shoot, although I need to tone up a bit first!!

Blogs such as Rock My Wedding and Offbeat Bride might be good places to look for other examples of trash/cherish the dress shoots :)

Becky, Mar 9, 2012
  7. Helen

MrsBoucher2B2012

i would never do a trash the dress i love mine too much. Would love to have photos done at the beach and on the cliffs in Llantwit which is where me and h2b first met.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 9, 2012
  8. Helen

Helen

Oh Dani that is a great idea!

Helen, Mar 10, 2012
  9. Helen

Helen

Helen, Apr 3, 2012
  10. Helen

Becky

Sounds like a great idea! When is your cake shoot?

Becky, Apr 3, 2012
  11. Helen

Helen

I'm not sure yet. Going to do it a bit last minute when my photographer has a free day :) Got a whole load of baking and icing to do first, really should crack on with it!

Helen, Apr 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question