Changed Everything...

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by AmyC, Aug 29, 2012.

1. AmyC

AmyC

Ok, so we just changed our whole wedding! We were going to get married on the 12th July 2014 in Stratford-upon-Avon. We had booked and everything.
    We were finding it hard to find caterers and music that worked with our budget down south.

So we are now getting married on the 15th of July 2014 at our original decision in Edinburgh. The venue is called the Vu and it offers us an all inclusive package so its much better! We can also invite more people during the day and 80 more in the evening!

We only lost out on the £100 deposit for the registrar, but we will be saving so much more.

The 15th of July is when we first got together 6 years ago (will be 8 when we get hitched) so it will be special. Also easier for the H2B to remember!

When we go for our visit to the UK in November we are going to try out some menus at the venue and have a look about! So exciting!
    Has anyone here been to a wedding at the Vu? How was the food and service? Very important to us! H2B is a chef and I was Duty Manager for a hotel for 5 years! lol

AmyC, Aug 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. AmyC

gildius

Wow, what a big change! It sounds worth it though, getting married on a date that means something at the place you originally wanted :) Congratulations!

gildius, Aug 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. AmyC

Becky

Gosh you're brave! I just looked up the new venue and it looks gorgeous - certainly looks like you've made an excellent decision!

Becky, Aug 30, 2012
  4. AmyC

AmyC

Thank you gildius! I should learn to go with the first idea's I have!!

It is Becky. I'm not sure how to put my own stamp on it though! It's already decorated so well. I am going to hang some pictures of us and the rest of the wedding party on a piece of twine and mini pegs buts that all I have right now! :rolleyes:
    Because we are having it on a week day we get the centre pieces free of charge and a nights stay in their self catering apartment. But I might try to change this to some free Canapes as we want to stay in a lush Hotel and wake up to our breakfast being made for us!! After a long day I think that is well deserved!!

Any ideas on how I can decorate it?

AmyC, Aug 30, 2012
    gildius likes this.
  5. AmyC

Becky

There is a lot of window space isn't there! How about bunting? That would make a big impact and really change the look (depending on what colours and style you go for), and I think it would work well in that room. It's something you could make yourself too - just ask Mrs Brown! :D

Totally agree with your decision re hotel - I'd be the same!

Becky, Aug 31, 2012
  6. AmyC

MrsBrown

Gorgeous venue. I love the veiws and it woudl be ace if you got a sunset too.

As you opting for full scottish affair with men in kilts? And a ceilidh?

Yep, I made about 100m of bunting for my wedding!!!! I think popple made lots too.

MrsBrown, Aug 31, 2012
  7. AmyC

MrsGroves2B

Congratulations! Venue sounds perfect! We've done that with the date, we're getting married on 29th June 2013, which is exactly 7 years since we got together. Enjoy every minute!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 1, 2012
  8. AmyC

AmyC

I was going to make bunting for my previous venue, so I may as well do it! I think it will bring it all together!

I am Scottish and my H2B is English but has lived in Scotland most of his life. I was brought up on Ceilidh dancing but not may other members of the family know how to! I don't think we will go for that, But we are doing Kilts! :)

Yes I cant wait to have it on our special day. We will be 8 years together on the 15th of July 2014. We got together at my joint 18th birthday party. It was my Best friends actually birthday day, so she will be celebrating her 26th as one of my bridesmaids. :D

AmyC, Sep 3, 2012
  9. AmyC

iPrincess26

Wow just checked out your new venue, and it looks stunning, already looking forward to seeing your photo's. :)

iPrincess26, Sep 3, 2012
  10. AmyC

MrsBrown

Awww men is kilts.. We had about 4 guests in kilts it looked brill. my friends hubby wore a kilt despite being from India ( she is Scottish) his dad wasn't so keep so wore a suit, but his brother was bm and did too!

MrsBrown, Sep 3, 2012
  11. AmyC

AmyC

One of the best men H2B Brother isnt keen on the kilt idea. It a bit of a shame because the rest of the men and Boys( can't wait to see my Nephew's in their first kilts) in the wedding party will be in kilts! I would be good if he changes his mind but not sure he will.

AmyC, Sep 8, 2012
  12. AmyC

Frogbitch

Could he just wear a tartan tie or waistcoat instead?

Frogbitch, Sep 14, 2012
  13. AmyC

AmyC

Ah, tried that, He really wont go for the tartan at all! I think he is being a little selfish though. One day - his brothers big day and he wont do a little favour! There is a year to work on him though! :p

AmyC, Sep 16, 2012
  14. AmyC

winter ash

OH my that is beauitiful i love it :) it would be amazing for you both ..

winter ash, Sep 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question