Chair Covers - Worth The Cost?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsH, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MrsH

Helen

I love the idea of a rainbow theme, each table could be a different colour - oh I hope someone on here does that it would look awesome!

Helen, Aug 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsH

nahatalie

I love our venue, it has a lot of wooden beams etc, but the chairs definitely look out of place as they look like generic conference chairs. They have gold / bronze coloured metal and I think the material has red on it, and out theme is purple, so they look horrible. Plus with chair covers we can have a purple organza sash on the chairs which will one of the main things making up the purple theme! A friend of mine go married two months ago and they didn't have chair covered, but the chairs were beautiful. Very elegant wood, and really went with the room, chair covers would have actually spoilt it. I think the venue makes the decision! Unless you actually don't like them, then don't have them at all! You can always add a sash or some flowers to the chairs if appropriate. Or maybe they look great as they as are!

nahatalie, Aug 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsH

MrsH

MrsH, Aug 28, 2012
  4. MrsH

Becky Administrator

Becky, Aug 28, 2012
  5. MrsH

Helen

Fabtastic! :)

Helen, Aug 28, 2012
  6. MrsH

AmyC

Ah, thats amazing! Very bold choice, but it works so well! :)

AmyC, Aug 29, 2012
  7. MrsH

MrsS2B

We are not having chair covers either.

We are also are on a tight budget & we decided we could use the money on other things we did want.
    I'm not against them & I think they do look really nice but I do think they are a uncessary expense for us :)

MrsS2B, Sep 6, 2012
  8. MrsH

amyf

Sometimes if you get a package deal with a wedding venue, not only will they provide drinks upon arrival to all the guest and some table decoration, but some will also provide the chair covers if your lucky. Depends on the venue tho, have you decided where you're getting married yet?

amyf, Jan 23, 2013
  9. MrsH

koodle

Wedding chair covers can look really nice, and make the venue, but I dont think there essential. we have decided not to have them as we are having a rustic wedding. You can get some at £1 each, with a sash on ebay (to hire) but you have to fit them all yourself.

koodle, Feb 24, 2013
  10. MrsH

FoosBoo88

I'm having them for the wedding reception for the top table, but not for the wedding. We only get half an hour before the ceremony for the boys to get everything set up so it's a lot of extra work for them. We felt they would be nice on the top table though to make it stand out a little bit. We were going to use them for everyone in the wedding party, but we had bridesmaids with boyfriends and groomsmen with girlfriends in the end. We brought 20 at first, we'd need 23 in all and it just became too much, so we kept 10 for the top table and we're selling the others on!

FoosBoo88 xx

FoosBoo88, Mar 13, 2013
  11. MrsH

Alicia_Leoni

i haven't picked my venue yet so it depends, but i'm already in love with them, they look lovely!

Alicia_Leoni, Jul 23, 2013
  12. MrsH

MrsGroves2B

We paid to have our room decorated and it looked lovely, and would certainly go for chair covers, especially if your room has standard looking chairs. If we were going to buy just one thing it would have been the chair covers. We went for white with a burgundy bow sash. Beautiful. xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 23, 2013
  13. MrsH

Jasmine Clarke

I think chair covers just add a little something extra to the venue especially with the ribbon, but they aren't essential i think many people just do it to cover up odd chairs. Venues can look really stunning without chair covers as long as they match, that's my opinion

Jasmine Clarke, Jun 30, 2015
  14. MrsH

Elizabeth1990

purple would be good if i decide to choose white and purple themed wedding

Elizabeth1990, Sep 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question