Chair Cover

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by FutureMrsFarrer, Mar 31, 2011.

1. FutureMrsFarrer

FutureMrsFarrer

Hi, i have been looking at quotes for chair covers and the cheapest i have found is £1.50 per chair cover with a free sash and £50 set up charge (comes to about £200 altogether) is this reasonable? how much is everyone else paying?

FutureMrsFarrer, Mar 31, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. FutureMrsFarrer

poppleminster

I think that's a reasonable price for them. Seems people pay anything up to £6 per chair! I know you can get it cheaper without the set up charge but realistically, do you really want to be fussing with them and sending them back yourself etc.What type of venue do you have? Some places have covers you can hire directly from them if that helps. Welcome to the forum! :)

poppleminster, Mar 31, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. FutureMrsFarrer

Zoe

£1.50 is very reasonable. I'm paying £2.50 per chair with sash and set up. It's a lot cheaper if you just hire them, but the wedding co-ordinator at my venue said it once took her over 3 hours to do 80 chairs. Some of the covers may need ironing as well and you have to be able to pack them back up the same way that they came. It all seemed too much hassle for me, so I decided to get a company who could come and set it all up and then take them away the following day!

Zoe, Apr 1, 2011
  4. FutureMrsFarrer

Sez

The venue is supplying the white chair covers and black sashes for me, they are free of charge but if i need anymore than 80 i am charged £4.00 per chair which i think i a huge amount! luckily i dont need that many!

Sez, Apr 1, 2011
  5. FutureMrsFarrer

Becky

Welcome to the site! :)

I agree, that sounds very reasonable to me. I'm always slightly cynical whenever something appears relatively cheap though, so I'd recommend checking the contract thoroughly to make sure there are no hidden costs!

Becky, Apr 1, 2011
  6. FutureMrsFarrer

Frogbitch

Go for it!!!
    That sounds good to me!!

Frogbitch, Apr 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question