Ceremony Timings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carrie, Jan 20, 2013.

1. carrie

carrie

Hey folks,
    Another brand new member.....think i'm going to be spending a lot of time on here from now on. Our wedding is booked for 12 October this year.
    Just wondering if anyone thinks 11.30 is too early for our civil ceremony. We ideally wanted 1pm but this slot was taken. Anyone else getting married this early??

carrie, Jan 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. carrie

Helen

Welcome :)

We got married and had our reception on separate days - for our reception I invited people for 1pm and I think I should have made it 12 as we could have done with a bit of extra time (and bear in mind it was only the reception, we had already done the ceremony and all our 'couple' photos several weeks before) so add in a ceremony and I think 11.30 will be fine!

We did go to a church wedding at 11am once, it was fine apart from they were very slow getting us fed (it was after 5pm before any food arrived) and as we had been at the church since 10.30am we were starving. Just something to consider :)

Helen, Jan 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. carrie

carrie

OOh that's made me feel better already. It is such an expensive and time consuming occasion that i wanted it to last as long as possible. Meal planned for 2 to 2.30 so will be just a slightly late lunch really. Thanks

carrie, Jan 20, 2013
  4. carrie

Becky

Hello and welcome aboard! :)

My step sister got married at 12noon which worked really well - like you say, it costs a lot so you don't want it to be over too quickly! The only thing you might want to organise is something to keep everyone entertained in the afternoon - if you have your sit down meal at 2pm - 2.30pm then you'll probably be done by about 4.30pm - 5pm. If your evening do doesn't start until 8pm-ish then there's a bit of a gap. My step sister organised a falconry display which was really entertaining, but you could have whatever you like! If it's a nice day then how about some outdoor games to keep people occupied? Things like giant Jenga etc.

How is your planning coming along so far?

Becky, Jan 21, 2013
  5. carrie

iPrincess26

We are getting married at 12 noon we are planning on the meal finishing around 5 and the evening starting at 7:30, as check in isn't until 3 we decided that people can check in and freshen up a bit in the gap, friends of ours got married at 2 last year and we really missed not having a gap where we could go and freshen up and enjoy our room (we and they live and got/are getting married in the lakes so the views were stunning but we didn't really see them)

However we fully expect that we won't have time to disappear as we will have to be around for those who aren't staying and things - think we will just utilise the bar!

iPrincess26, Jan 21, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  6. carrie

MrsGroves2B

11.30am I think would be fine. We're going to have a 3.30pm wedding as we're having an evening only reception. It works well for people travelling up too as they'll arrive around lunch time, check into hotels if they're staying in hotels, grab lunch then come to the church for around 2.45-3pm. It also leaves more time to get ready in the morning.

MrsGroves2B, Apr 17, 2013
  7. carrie

Suzi83

I think we'll be getting married round about half past 3 or 4 o'clock but I don't see anything wrong with getting married at 11.30am.

Suzi83, Aug 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question