Ceremony Music Question

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by justsara, Jan 24, 2013.

1. justsara

justsara

Hello all upcoming Brides

I'm a student looking to put on a wedding music showcase for a degree project, I'm specifically wanting to showcase Ceremony music in order to give those planning for their wedding some inspiration. In order to get an up to date idea of what should go in I'm asking prospective brides and those already married what they're planning to have and what they have had for their Ceremony music.

All replies would be most appreciated, please include the name of the peice / song and if possibe who it's by, plus what it was used for, entrance/ exchanging of vows / signing of the registry/exit.

Thanks in advance : ) Hope you all have wonderfully special days :)

justsara, Jan 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. justsara

Becky

Hiya! Sounds like an interesting project, are you doing a music degree?

We had a chap called Jeremy Sassoon playing the piano and singing during our ceremony. I walked down the aisle to the Andantino Moderato from Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin (I walked in at the crescendo - bit of a tear jerker!), we had The Nearness of You and Summertime during the signing of the register, and I Get A Kick Out of You (the arrangement was similar to the Jamie Cullum version) when we walked back up the aisle.

Becky, Jan 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. justsara

Cindy

Hi there, I've just got engaged so don't have any music choices yet but could you send me your list please as it sounds like you might be the man to ask! I've found quite a few ideas online and really like the suggestions I've found so far but if you could send me any you think are particularly unique that would be amazing :) Thanks! OXOX

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
    Cindy, Nov 15, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question