Ceremony And First Dance Music

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by tobeamrs, May 5, 2010.

1. tobeamrs

tobeamrs

We dont have "a song" so are struggling to decide what music to have for our ceremony and first dance?

We would love to have something up to date and we are getting married in spain so something sunny!

Any ideas?

Or just tell me what you are having, I love reading about others plans!

tobeamrs, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. tobeamrs

MrsApplen2be

Im struggling with this aswel lol! So far we have decided on coldplay- yellow for our first dance....its my fav song by coldplay and reminds me of a million things and h2b was planning to propose in a coldplay concert until nerves got the better of him and he did it a week earlier lol. We havent chosen any other music though and im really struggling x

MrsApplen2be, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. tobeamrs

Becky

You may think I'm completely mad, but how about Paulo Nutini 'Pencil Full of Lead'? The words are perfect, it's got the right sound, and it would be great fun! [​IMG]

Becky, May 5, 2010
  4. tobeamrs

MrsC2Be

We've been thinking about music and stuff too.

We both love Jason Mraz, so want to get "I'm yours" in there somewhere.

We aren't up for sloppy romantic first dance, so we wanna learn a jive to Paolo Nutini's Pencil Full of Lead! Thought it would be a bit different and a good laugh, coz neither of us is particularly masterful on the dance floor!

MrsC2Be, May 5, 2010
  5. tobeamrs

tobeamrs

Oh, we had been thinking about Jason Miraz too! I will check out pencil full of lead by paolo though cos cant think of it! Thanks girls. Im an old YAYW chatter but really like this new site!

Keep them coming!

tobeamrs, May 5, 2010
  6. tobeamrs

MrsC2Be

hahaha great minds Becky :D

MrsC2Be, May 5, 2010
  7. tobeamrs

MrsO'Sullivan2be

We are having Green Day ... last night on earth ...

Words really fit 'us' - plus we went to their concert last year ... TOTALLY amazing ... and it was really special for us.

MrsO'Sullivan2be, May 5, 2010
  8. tobeamrs

WelshBride

We're having Take Thats Rule the World [​IMG]
    I'm a huge Take That fan and h2b loves the film Stardust [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 6, 2010
  9. tobeamrs

flo2310

We are having Bright Eyes - First day of your life

It's the one from the halifax adverts - although we choose it right back when we first got engaged, before the adverts came out! It's a beautiful song with amazign lyrics. Our second choice was pulp - something changed, again really nice lyrics. Both are worth a listen!

Flo xx

p.s. MrsO'Sullivan2Be - we went to see Greenday last year and are going again in June to Wembley - AMAAAAAAAZING!!

flo2310, May 7, 2010
  10. tobeamrs

MrsApplen2be

Flo 2310.....I love that bright eyes song......I think I love too many songs possible half the problem lol. It's on our list for walking out of the ceremony cos its quite a happy bouncy song x

MrsApplen2be, May 7, 2010
  11. tobeamrs

Helen

Greenday Last night on earth is a contender for us too :p

Can't wait to see them again in June :rolleyes: (we are going to Manchester)

Helen, May 11, 2010
  12. tobeamrs

MrsGroves2B

We're having Everything I Do (I Do It For You) by Bryan Adams for our first dance. From the very first night we got together we both mentioned how much we loved this song so we've always said this would be our first dance song.

We're having a church ceremony and I would love a tune called "Gabriel's Oboe" by Ennio Morricone (if anyone is into classical style music and like Russell Watson he sings a song called Nella Fantasia, which is the same tune) to walk down the aisle to instead of Here comes the bride.

We are members of our church choir and are very close to the other members, we're like one family of our own, so would like to have them sing whilst we're signing the register instead of music. We have one choir member with a fantastic voice who said she'd sing a Bach's Ave Maria solo, which I love so much. I don't know if she remembers saying she would but I think we may hold her to that! Hehe!

We want hymns in our wedding that we have sung in church and like, rather than hymns that most people know, so its something a little different. One hymn that we're having, mainly because my h2b loves it and it has sentimental meaning to him, but I love it as well is Jerusalem. I also like Love Divine, All Love's Excelling, To God Be The Glory and Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise, but there's loads more, its a case of whittling them down!

There's so many songs we like and would like to have in our day somewhere, but its where to put them! One song we like is I Love You Till the End by The Pogues. If any of you have watched the film P.S. I Love You then its the one that Gerry and Holly sing most of the time. Also Jack Johnson- Better Together.

MrsGroves2B, May 14, 2010
  13. tobeamrs

vhc

We're having a choir in our ceremony, too.

We are also singing O Thou the Central Orb with them part way through the service (because it's unfair on us if we're at a choir wedding and aren't allowed to join in! [​IMG] )

For our First Dance, we want an 80s song, because we're having an 80s theme disco!
    We've been through our records and we didn't want anything soppy (big embarrassment factor!), and it looks like we'll have Whitney Houston's I Wanna dance with Somebody. We've checked the lyrics to make sure it's not about a one night stand!

I'm not convinced about it, so I'm still looking, but DF really likes the idea, so I guess we'll decide on that.

vhc, May 15, 2010
  14. tobeamrs

MrsStanding2Be

Well "our" song is Chris brown With you, but H2B says thats too upbeat for a first dance song so know where having KC & jojo All my life :) x

MrsStanding2Be, May 15, 2010
  15. tobeamrs

BunnyMonkey

We love 'Somewhere over the rainbow' by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. He was a Hawain musician and this is a great version of the classic song. It's really summery and really different. He's got a great voice.

BunnyMonkey, May 16, 2010
  16. tobeamrs

vhc

oh! i love that version! yes, that's perfect! [​IMG]

i just wanted to add to my comment, that we went to a party on Saturday night with a DJ, and he played I Wanna Dance with Somebody, and DF got so excited that it was our first dance song, that it made me realise that it is the perfect song for our first dance! [​IMG] and it just felt really special when we danced to it. [​IMG]

vhc, May 17, 2010
  17. tobeamrs

Mrsg2b2011

Vhc- I wanna dance with somebody is a great song I love it. I want it played at my wedding but not for 1st dance as we have that sorted.

Bunny my SIL had that at her wedding a couple of years ago as they signed the register it is such a gorgeous song.

I am having either groovy kind of love or kissing you by Desree when I enter can't decide which...[​IMG]

We are going to sign the register to Zoom by Fat Larrys band as it is a gorgeous song & it was one of my h2b's dads favorites & he died nearly 4 years ago so will be lovely way of remembering him on our day too. (He died just as we started going out & h2b says he always hope he can see how happy he is so will be lovely if he is there ,he can see & know we are thinking of him too.)

As we leave we are having bright eyes as its a lovely upbeat song and we wanted something up beat to leave to as want to show we are really happy [​IMG]

xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 24, 2010
  18. tobeamrs

Mrs T2B (Kel)

[font="'Book Antiqua"]it took me agggges to work out the music, probably the hardest thing to decide! We don't have a 'song' either, well it's kinda Can't get you outta my head by Kylie, but not really suitable [​IMG][/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]I had different lists for entrance, signing the register, leaving.. which I then baffled H2B with :)[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]the final choices are[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]entrance -> Your Day by Yiruma[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]register signing -> I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, and [/font][font="'Book Antiqua"]Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole ( good choices ladies :D )[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]Exit - Hey soul sister by Train[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]Our first dance is Better Together by Jack Johnson[/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Book Antiqua"]
    [/font]

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 6, 2010
  19. tobeamrs

vhc

you know, since the Eurovision Song contest this year, I think the German entry (the one that won) would be a fantastic first dance song for anyone who didn't want a sloppy slow one.

It really is catchy and it's a lovesong without any catches :D

vhc, Jun 7, 2010
  20. tobeamrs

PrincessH

Hi ladies,
    Its my first post woo!
    Ill be having 'It feels like home to me' chantal kreviazuk for my entrance, for first dance im struggling i like loads!

PrincessH, Jun 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question