Celebrity Slim

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by codybear, May 14, 2010.

1. codybear

codybear

hey, anyone tried this. i am on day 2 - easier than i thought. hope it works

codybear, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. codybear

MrsStanding2Be

Never heard of it! lol

MrsStanding2Be, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. codybear

bridetobe200910

How are you getting on with this? I was thinking of starting this as what I thought was healthy isn't according to their plan!
    What are you having? Just the shakes or soups too?
    What else do you eat each day?
    How much do you want to loose and by when?

My fitting is in mid July so got a while yet.

bridetobe200910, May 18, 2010
  4. codybear

codybear

hi there,
    soz i havent been on in a wile - have been a busy bee
    stiil on the diet - soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy, cannot emphasise this enough. i have a shake for brekkie (dont like the chocolate or the cafe late flavour yuk) and either a shake or soup for lunch. the soups are lovely. both the shakes and the soups are very satisfying and i have not felt hungry on this diet once and that is amzing for me.
    for tea i have some sort of meat and veg, even get a chinese, i like beef curry, so i get it but instead of rice/chips, i just ask them to put loadsa veg in instead.
    in between meals i snack on apples, celery, cucumber or celebrity slim bars - snack bars not the meal replacement bars. and i eat all the sugar free jelly i want. i even eat sugar free sweets if i have a craving (i dont eat loads of these though) you are allowed 3 snacks a day - oh and sugar free ice pops are good too.
    this thursday i will have completed 2 weeks, the first week i lost 5lbs - i just ideally want to lose another 5 - 7lbs in next 2/3weeks

codybear, May 25, 2010
  5. codybear

iPrincess26

Yay someone else who has found the delight/benefit of sugar free jelly and icepop's to satisfy a craving for sweet stuff! I went and saw the dietician at the doctors who gave me a leaflet with what to eat and how much and it has been great, in the first 5 months I lost 2.5 stone using diet alone no exercise. I fell off the healthy eating wagon a bit over christmas and the last few months but have got back on it and lost 6lb this week. The benefit of the stuff from the doc's is its a lifestyle change so doesn't cost anything extra (shakes etc) as we have just changed what shopping we get.
    Glad celebrity slim works though - i always feel hungry and those types of plans!

iPrincess26, May 29, 2010
  6. codybear

iPrincess26

And so against everything I had said above I have decided I need to kick start the healthy eating again - so have stocked up on Tesco's version of Slim Fast on day 5 now and not doing to bad have managed not to have any snacks and stuff in between - except on Sunday which is always my treat day but I didn't go mad.

Although not sure tonight counts as being good. Please tell me it does:

Have had shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and me and OH will be sharing a Madras -- prob with nann and poppadoms too but I might not have rice and we have 1 between us not 1 each so that still counts as a healthy meal for the evening doesn't it??????:D:D

iPrincess26, Aug 24, 2010
  7. codybear

bridetobe200910

You are doing so well. I am on an extreme diet and exercise kick which I didn't ever consider having to do.

I had my final fitting and the bodice was so tight - I am ashamed to say I popped the hook and eye.

I had been doing so well and then we got burgled and then we moved and then I kept making pathetic excuses such as previous comments and ate stupidly.

Do you think with exercise and a sensible diet I can get back to where I was at my last fitting on the 19th July.

What is Tesco's slim plan - not heard of this - any good.

I need help and motivation please ....

Ruth x

bridetobe200910, Aug 24, 2010
  8. codybear

iPrincess26

Hey Ruth

It's not a plan really just their version of the slimfast shakes as I got twice as much for about the same price, I am just trying not to eat any extras and drink plenty of water as thats what I was doing to loose all the weight I have lost previously, I found the water and replacing my cups of tea throughout the day with hot water and a slice of lemon (still had proper tea 1 at breakfast & 1 before bed) but no caffine (have decaf tea) and no fizzy drinks or sweets, biscuits etc and reckon if you combine the healthy eating with exercise you should have no trouble.

I find keeping a food diary really helps to and makes sure you write it at the time of having anything and put in how much your having too - I found quite quickly that while I thought I was eating healthy I was far from it and my portion size was far too big to.

Hope this helps, please don't starve yourself or anything silly like that as you won't feel good either at the time or afterwards - and if your GP is friendly why not pop along and seem them or see if they can refer you to a dietician - much nicer than going to weight watchers or similar at least it was for me - and once I got my self going I would just pop in for 5 min to have my weight checked as I found having a professional made me more inclined to stick to it.

Also will power is essential - I have just turned down a doughnut while typing this - but just keep picturing my dress!

You'll do great and you can always pop on here for some support if needed

xx

iPrincess26, Aug 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question