Can't Live Ith Em, Can't Live Without Em..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsStobe813, Aug 8, 2011.

1. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Hello ladies,
    Well here I am on a more positive mind today, and hanging my head in pity. Having advised Matt to come join us on Big Day should he "have any questions" in the run-up to the day he just looked at me with mock sincerity, shrugged and began listing them off as follows:

When does it end?
    Can I play football afterwards?
    When do we get to eat food?
    Can I have a pint at the altar?

I'm pleased to see he's taking our wedding seriously! If I didn't love him so much I'd bloomin' kill him about now! :-D

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStobe813

poppleminster

Glad you're feeling more positive. It probably just seems a very long way off to him right now. Nearer the time i'm sure he'll gain enthusiasm :)

poppleminster, Aug 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStobe813

ElmoGrace

Don't worry about it - you have ages to go yet - they do get more interested as time goes by, but until its a year to go its just that little bit too far off for men!
    My H2B has just found his interest in it all, with about a year to go, he finally decided upon a band and booked them!

If he wants to play football afterwards make sure you have a ball so the blokes can have a kick around! Always best to entertain their ideas - no matter how wacky - they could be what makes the day even more special.

My H2B has already stated - not even as a question, this is pure fact! It will happen - that if its an F1 race weekend, he will have live updates from the qualifying during the ceremony!
    I can't argue with this. lol.

ElmoGrace, Aug 8, 2011
  4. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

It's not a lack of interest in the big day really, he was just being a right fool. Matt was putting ideas forward to me Christmas last year, I think he's got more idea and inspiration to the day than I have!

Mrtobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 8, 2011
  5. MrsStobe813

poppleminster

There you go then, nothing to worry about :) Very cool!

6. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

I don't worry, only thing I fear for is my sanity! I put it to him with regards to silk flowers and got the "I suggested that but you kicked up a strop" treatment. We're hopefully off to Hobbycraft this evening to have a look as I want to make my own bouquet!

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 8, 2011
  7. MrsStobe813

MrsBrown

I have decided to make my hubbie a star reward chart

He has the following 3 tasks to do
    1. Make the bed (i.e put duvet straight rather than a big ball in middle)
    2. Pick up his pants
    3. Wipe up the crumbs in the kitchen....

if he undertakes his tasks then he gets a star... 5 stars he will get a reward.... so far he has no stars!

MrsBrown, Aug 8, 2011
  8. MrsStobe813

poppleminster

I envy women who can give their partners tasks of any variety. Ben's mum writes his dad littlem lists of things to do. I know 100% that if I ever dared to write Ben such a thing he'd not stop laughing for a week. Reverse psychology doesn't work either as he's too aware of what I am like to fall for it. In the end I settle for begging or doing it myself, whatever it is.

9. MrsStobe813

MrsC2Be

Im very lucky that Neil is, quite possibly, the more domesticated of the pair. He gets cross at my inability to be tidy on a regular basis :-D

MrsC2Be, Aug 9, 2011
  10. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Fortunately, Matt and I work well as a team. With housework he's kitchen/lounge proud, and I like making sure the bedroom is cosy so I do the ebdroom and bathroom. Toilets don't get to me, you use it, you clean it- simple. Even with the wedding, Matt is a CSR and I'm very arty crafty, so Matt is doing all the booking and organising and I do all the colours and decor side of things. I'm still in tow minds about balloon arrangements though..I could do without such a time consuming task!

MrsStobe813, Aug 9, 2011
  11. MrsStobe813

MrsBrown

Simon's mum once got so fed up with his dad not putting things back when he had used them.... so she took everything out of his dad's shed and left it on the drive! When he got home, he said why is my stuff all over... she said.. I was looking for something at the back! Apparently he has been much better since!

Oh and my dad once complained that his tea was cold when he got home from work... the next day my Mum put his ice cream in the microwave. He ate it without complaining!

So you think I come from a background of assertive woman... yeh! Well maybe but unfortunatley I have a husband who is not very good at changing his habits and routines! For example.. when we moved into together I asked him what annoyed him about me... he said that I put the glasses upside down in the cupboard! I told him i was annoyed with the crumbs.... we agreed to try to change. Yes.. the glasses are now the right way up but as for the crumbs.... I think that got worse!

Good job I love him egh! We have been married for 333 days today.... 32 until our first wed anni!

MrsBrown, Aug 9, 2011
  12. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Ahh, no..I'm a glases down person! It stops water getting trapped inside them! I don't think there is much that annoys me about Matt..not that warrants a really big grudging spree, just stuff I grit my teeth and get on with! I think the worst habit Matt has is falling asleep on the bed, with his shoes on, and taking up the whole damn thing! And he sleeps on my side of the bed. In future I shall just get up, walk around the bed and crawl in on his side. That'll confuse him ;-)

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 11, 2011
  13. MrsStobe813

juliak

Mrs Brown, that is hilarious!!! Must admit, it would be the sort of thing i'd do, although I am exceptionally lucky with Spence he is good as gold with all things 'housey'. I lived by myself for 3 years before Spence moved in and it was really difficult for me to acclimatise (I'm very organised and slightly OCD)! We realised after a short time that we needed to communicate the things that annoyed us about each other (excuse the rubbish grammar). Spence has a habit of leaving cupboards and drawers open constantly, but on the other hand I am not allowed to iron. Just the other night he said to me, 'hon, i'm not having a dig but can you stop leaving coathangers on the bed'. Turns out he had an uncomfortable incident with one in the bed the night before!

juliak, Aug 17, 2011
  14. MrsStobe813

MrsBrown

I think SImon earnt a gold star today.. no pants on floor, bed made and crumbs tidied up!! I gave him a bowl of ice cream as a reward!!

Thing is, he took me round the house to tell me how well he had done!! I do it everyday!!

He will need to start picking stuff up or Merlin will eat it though!

MrsBrown, Aug 17, 2011
  15. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Eurgh!! My OH needs a kick up the bottom! I've been trying to fix drawers an the wahing up has been left undone! Think I may have to unplug the Xbox controller tonight!

MrsStobe813, Aug 26, 2011
  16. MrsStobe813

MrsC2Be

I don't like this man-slagging-off lark, its taking the shine off my 53 weeks to go excitement :-D

MrsC2Be, Aug 26, 2011
  17. MrsStobe813

Anon_SA

53 weeks to go 53 weeks to go!

Oh my Richard is JUST PERFECT! (How's that!?)

Anon_SA, Aug 26, 2011
    Becky and MrsBrown like this.
  18. MrsStobe813

MrsBrown

Dont let it... be excited! It will get even more exciting next week when you have a count down that says 365!! Yippppppppeeeeeeee

We may slag them off, but we do adore them! I regularly tell hubbie that I love him uncondtionally, I just dont like the fact he doesnt pick up his pants ha ha!! Though he has earned 2 gold stars this week.. might let him have a beer!!

MrsBrown, Aug 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question